Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Running v. 11 on Model S - changes and related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017S75MCU2HW3 - I’m running v. 11 2022.8.2 and don’t notice any change in the main (quick) controls menu. Is that because I have a pre-2021 legacy screen? I do have a few questions however:
1. How do I arrange the entertainment sources on the screen? In particular there is no longer a “phone” icon so I can quickly go to my phone Bluetooth content or listen to my audio books - its way at the end of the list of sources.
2. How do I view dashcam recordings on my phone?
3. Why is the color so much better on the rearview camera than on the repeaters and front camera?
4. Blind spot monitors don’t work on my car now, but if I get the complimentary camera upgrades will the blind spot monitors then work?
5. What other changes/additions WON’T I see since I have the (legacy) portrait oriented screen instead of the new (MCU3) landscape orientation?
6. Since my car doesn’t have access to the light show, why is there an icon for it available on my car?
7. Even though I purchased FSD when I bought my car in May 2017, and even though Tesla upgraded me to HW3 for free and ”allowed“ me to upgrade to MCU2 for $1,500, they are fighting me on the complimentary cameras upgrade I’m entitled to! Any idea how I can I light a fire under their ass to get them to agree? Anyone have Elon’s cellphone number?😎
TIA

2017S75MCU2HW3 - I’m running v. 11 2022.8.2 and don’t notice any change in the main (quick) controls menu. Is that because I have a pre-2021 legacy screen?
I think it affects single-screen cars (3 & Y) more than your 2-screen car (S & X).
2. How do I view dashcam recordings on my phone?
Dashcam recordings have always been viewable on the car's screen and not on your phone.

However, you can view "Live Camera" on your phone if you have Model 3, Y or Palladium S and X produced from 2021 or later.

Yours is 2017 S so, you do not have "Live Camera".

3. Why is the color so much better on the rearview camera than on the repeaters and front camera?
The rearview camera was first designed for human viewing purposes first (2012 to 2014. Later in 2014 till now, the machine (Autopilot and FSD) also shared the privilege. Thus, the rearview camera still looks good for human viewing.

Other cameras were first intended for the machine (Autopilot and FSD) so there's no need to make them pretty for human viewing. Later on, Humans have shared the privilege of viewing the ugly colors.

4. Blind spot monitors don’t work on my car now, but if I get the complimentary camera upgrades will the blind spot monitors then work?
I think it is intended for single-screen cars.
7. Even though I purchased FSD when I bought my car in May 2017, and even though Tesla upgraded me to HW3 for free and ”allowed“ me to upgrade to MCU2 for $1,500, they are fighting me on the complimentary cameras upgrade I’m entitled to! Any idea how I can I light a fire under their ass to get them to agree? Anyone have Elon’s cellphone number?...
That's Tesla's way. I am not sure Tesla listens to paid customers because the money is now in its pocket already.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Upvote 0