Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Running without TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that this is an unpopular opinion, but I’d like to run aftermarket wheels without TPMS. I plan to run 2 aftermarket wheel sets and keep the stockers. I know they’re cheap nowadays and cheap to have installed. But TPMS is something I can live without. Anybody knows if the model 3 will not like running without TPMS?

Thanks!

It will probably give you a warning, I doubt much more but I’m not 100% sure.

Why not spend the $100 for four universal sensors and have the forum member (can’t remember his name) program them for $25? Doesn’t seem too bad considering it can give you an early warning to a tire leak.

It will probably give you a warning, I doubt much more but I’m not 100% sure.

Why not spend the $100 for four universal sensors and have the forum member (can’t remember his name) program them for $25? Doesn’t seem too bad considering it can give you an early warning to a tire leak.

The warning I am ok with. But I read some cars disable features as it is a safety issue when running on low tire pressures. Not sure if it’s the same with the model 3. I am considering just buying them and get it over with but just wanted to get educated on this. Thanks!