Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why I think the EU and the US should increase their involvement. They are already supplying weapons, money, food, and other aid. The Russian military can't fight an actually WW3. We don't need to go into Russia. But many civilians in Ukraine will die and much more of the major cities will be destroyed if it takes a month for Russia to lose. The Russians have already increased indescriminant booming/destruction. NATO forces should just use drones and other airstrikes to take out the Russian supply line and stop any further advance of tanks/vehicles without putting a single boot on the ground. It would just be a small, but very significant (in terms of ending this conflict quickly) step up in what they are already doing.
Weaponry doesn't excite me, so I don't know the ins and outs of the various drone technologies, but it's my understang there are already US made drones in play in Ukraine.

If that's the case.....why not just dump 2,000 more into the mix? Who's to say which nation owned these downed drones 3 weeks ago? Or even who was operating them just before they went down?

If the engagement is already operating along the lines of Ukrainian pilots jumping into Polish fighter jets, can't we just hand Germany tons of drones? They hand em to Poland. Poland hands em to Ukraine. Convoy cancelled.

There's a difference between 'manly' and 'suicidal'. You use a nuke. You die. That's been the rule since the 60s.
No there isn't. You've heard of the term "in spite of"?
Slavs do a lot of things in spite off, and because of stubbornness. As in "I'll do this, in spite of him telling me not to do it..."
I'd know, I am one, took me 30 years to get rid of this mindset.

Have you seen that Ukrainian guy carrying unexploded mine, arms stretched, hands busy holding the mine horizontally to balance it, with cigarette dangling out of his mouth? Seemingly unconcerned for his life...

Russians are the same..

Edit: As an illustration of lack of self preservation instinct, Serbia lost 1M males in WWI. Out of 7M people, i.e. every third male lost its life.

......can't we just hand Germany tons of drones? They hand em to Poland. Poland hands em to Ukraine. Convoy cancelled.
It would be a shame if we were shipping these drones to Germany to protect a ally and they got lost in transit ;) I mean we lost $9 billion in the Iraq war, whats a few hundred of our outdated drones?

Foreshadowing....

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 12.07.44 PM.png

Weaponry doesn't excite me, so I don't know the ins and outs of the various drone technologies, but it's my understang there are already US made drones in play in Ukraine.

If that's the case.....why not just dump 2,000 more into the mix? Who's to say which nation owned these downed drones 3 weeks ago? Or even who was operating them just before they went down?

If the engagement is already operating along the lines of Ukrainian pilots jumping into Polish fighter jets, can't we just hand Germany tons of drones? They hand em to Poland. Poland hands em to Ukraine. Convoy cancelled.
The Turkish military A400Ms weren't unloading boxes of flowers the other day when they popped into Ukraine for an unannounced visit.

Utter horlicks.

There is a reason that both UK and FR maintain independent nuclear deterrents.
If you wish, you can think of it as a difference in degree rather than kind. So should the UK let the EU expand to its frontiers under the UK's security guarantee? What should the UK think when the head of the European Commission says that the EU wants Ukraine as an EU member?

If you wish, you can think of it as a difference in degree rather than kind. So should the UK let the EU expand to its frontiers under the UK's security guarantee?
The EU will make its own decisions, as a group of independent sovereign nations pooling their efforts.

I can assure you the EU will not be asking the UK for permission, or asking for permission from the USA.

Wonder when Putin going to shut off all the gas and oil to US backed countries?

That seemed to be the best options without going nuke.

It will only hurt the west. Bet China would buy all of it pennies to the dollar. And laugh on the sideline.

Not so simple. Russia is almost exclusively built out towards Europe.

View attachment 775394
Exactly. People seem to think that Russia can just stop supplying Europe and send it all to China.....yet they have no logistics set up for that and it would be a huge undertaking. They could ship out the oil, but that would take much longer and the logistics cost would be exponential to what they are now for Russia. There's also a chance that other countries cut off ships from getting access to Russia for them to even ship out oil

There would be a big gap in between cutting off Europe and supplying China. I don' think Russia, while spending tens of billions per day on a war and it's economy tanking, can handle that gap.

There's a difference between 'manly' and 'suicidal'. You use a nuke. You die. That's been the rule since the 60s.
But if he’s dying then does he give a flying monkeys? He clearly doesn’t care about the 18-20yr old conscripts he sends to the front, nor civilian life. He sure a *sugar* smells doesn’t care about his own population.
My wife is glad she left & now she’s eligible is applying for UK citizenship so she rip the Russian one up.

Wonder when Putin going to shut off all the gas and oil to US backed countries?

That seemed to be the best options without going nuke.

It will only hurt the west. Bet China would buy all of it pennies to the dollar. And laugh on the sideline.
west is doing all they can to get rid of that oil and gas dependency right now.

Exactly. People seem to think that Russia can just stop supplying Europe and send it all to China.....yet they have no logistics set up for that and it would be a huge undertaking. They could ship out the oil, but that would take much longer and the logistics cost would be exponential to what they are now for Russia. There's also a chance that other countries cut off ships from getting access to Russia for them to even ship out oil

There would be a big gap in between cutting off Europe and supplying China. I don' think Russia, while spending tens of billions per day on a war and it's economy tanking, can handle that gap.

Don't estimate China.

There are stories of China paying shipping companies to not pick up American containers to China in Long Bench ports. These ships paid to go back to China with empty containers, so no import into China.

The CCP can pay oil ships more... Good luck getting tankers in general.

Again, don't underestimate China and their hate of US and allies.