Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you expect the government to steal peoples houses / property, because it’s a second home. Yup I can see that going down well even Corbyn wouldn’t have tried that & he was all for the return to the 1070’s.

They could make a start here though I suppose
View attachment 803182
The civil service aren’t using it atm anyway

Or here
View attachment 803183
Or here as they’re bloody useless
Not at all, it was just you were trying to sidetrack the point by indulging in irrelevant whataboutery re housing.

The Cons aka nasty party are even blocking visas fir Ukraine refugees to stay with their relatives and other volunteers in the UK. The contrast with the EU taking in 6m war refugees so far, no questions asked, is obvious and shameful.

As is your evasion of the real issue in this respect being the nasty party of the Cons and its bigoted xenophobic little Engkander core voter base.

Except that as the de facto tsar of Russia, Putin makes the determination of what constitutes an existential threat to the Russian state. He also has the authority to change Russia's nuclear doctrine at will. In Soviet Russia the doctrine was no first use. Today's doctrine opens the door to a preemptive strike.

Putin is not the absolute ruler the Tzars were. He does what he wants because the legislature passes whatever he wants. Russia has more checks between the president and launching nukes than the US does because the Russians are paranoid. Russia also has many levels of command to do anything. It's one of the reasons they react slowly on the battlefield.

To launch Putin without changing the law he would have to order the nuclear forces to launch, and they would have to follow what they know is an illegal order. The other way would to get the legislature to change the law and the world would know it's been changed.

And the problem is also that Russia unilaterally incorporates bits of other people's territory inside its borders. Next up is to declare Kherson is in Russia. So retaking Donbass, Kherson, Crimea becomes an attack on Russia and that in turn becomes (the false) rationale for nuclear use.

(There's plenty of housing in the UK. In mu County alone there are swathes of second homes lying empty except when rich Londons come down for a weekend. Places like Poundbury etc that are deliberately built for just that, irrespective of what the spirit and marketing would like you to believe).

Like this

If the Russians claim Ukraine is part of Russia, the Ukrainians are then invaders on Russian territory and nukes are authorized. It's totally cray cray logic, but they could use it. They would have to make a lot of more noise about Ukraine being occupied Russia first though. They have to sell the idea to their own public.

Another bad day for the Russians. Estimated an entire battalion knocked out and a lot of the troops are dead

The Russians Lost Nearly An Entire Battalion Trying To Cross A River In Eastern Ukraine

All this damage was done by one Ukrainian unit, the 17th Tank Brigade.

Last edited:
Plus the streets of empty mansions owned by various Sauds. Many houses used as banks for dodgy oligarchs of all kinds. Often these are "owned" by offshore companies, so trading them is opaque, no stamp duty paid, no idea what kind of person ows them. Luckily if peaceful protestors protest, a large body of Met police will arrive in minutes.

Looks like the two Grigorovichs are still in working order

EDIT : I have not previously seen info on an A50 Mainstay operating in the South, only previously in the North. So that may be one conseqience of Moskva bveing sunk. It is also notable where these units are - I suspect Snake Island is receiving a lot of thought from both sides.

Last edited:
I've read a few people out there pointing out that the real significance is not that this Russian tank/APC blew up, but where it is located. Here is one.

Not at all, it was just you were trying to sidetrack the point by indulging in irrelevant whataboutery re housing.

The Cons aka nasty party are even blocking visas fir Ukraine refugees to stay with their relatives and other volunteers in the UK. The contrast with the EU taking in 6m war refugees so far, no questions asked, is obvious and shameful.

As is your evasion of the real issue in this respect being the nasty party of the Cons and its bigoted xenophobic little Engkander core voter base.
Ah sorry, must have misunderstood the “they can start here taking nasty rich peoples second homes” statement then, silly me🤦‍♂️

Zelensky seems to like UK more than you do, wonder why that is🤣.

I have no doubt there are reasons why we didn’t fully integrate into the EU complete with Schengen. There are probably some reasons why we haven’t just chucked the doors open to Ukraine refugees too. I also have no doubt that it’s a lot to do with a load of beaurocratic bollox much like a lot else in modern society. Whether it’s to do with just being nasty or not is unlikely imo.
Would Labour under Corbyn have done any better, doubtful, he sat on the fence so much over Brexit he had the entire fence up his arse not just splinters🤦‍♂️. He certainly wouldn’t have sent any weapon’s to Ukraine and would probably be looking for another fence.
I’m pretty centrist by default, with a right lean, I’m guessing you’re more left😁
Plus the streets of empty mansions owned by various Sauds. Many houses used as banks for dodgy oligarchs of all kinds. Often these are "owned" by offshore companies, so trading them is opaque, no stamp duty paid, no idea what kind of person ows them. Luckily if peaceful protestors protest, a large body of Met police will arrive in minutes.
Again, effectively commandeering private property which I’m pretty sure is illegal. Also pretty sure if you arrived home to find squatters in your house you’d be bleating like a 🐑. It’s all well and good saying this but illegal is illegal.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I have no doubt there are reasons why we didn’t fully integrate into the EU complete with Schengen.
Er, you can thank Gordon Brown for that. At least learn the history of your own country.
I’m pretty centrist by default, with a right lean, I’m guessing you’re more left😁
Everybody thinks they are centrist.

Finland says they will apply to nato without delay:

Russians using chips from refrigerators/dish washers for military weapons (sanctions working but war once again demonstrates ingenious work arounds).

Er, you can thank Gordon Brown for that. At least learn the history of your own country.

Everybody thinks they are centrist.
Oh apologies for not having the connection to do a full history search whilst offshore. I’ll go shoot my boss for not having sorted a better connection out🤦🏼‍♂️

pretty certain Corbyn sees himself as left. As over the years I’ve voted both main parties depending on the policy promises at the time of voting, I think I can safely think and say that🤷🏼‍♂️

• Helpful
Reactions: EVCollies
"One of the biggest donors to Britain’s Conservative party is suspected of secretly funnelling hundreds of thousands of pounds to the party from a Russian bank account, according to a report filed to the UK’s National Crime Agency.

The New York Times reports that a donation of £450,000 was made in February 2018 in the name of Ehud Sheleg, who was most recently the party’s treasurer. The money went towards propelling Boris Johnson and his party to its victory in the 2019 general elections. "

Which would seem to be both the crime of money laundering and an illegal campaign donation. Nothing to see here, move along, normal business in the Conservative party.

Not exactly new news except it is official now.

Russia threatens to retaliate as Finland seeks NATO membership 'without delay'

HELSINKI/KHARKIV, Ukraine, May 12 (Reuters) - Finland said on Thursday it would apply to join NATO "without delay", with Sweden expected to follow, as Russia's invasion of Ukraine looked set to bring about the very expansion of the Western military alliance that Vladimir Putin aimed to prevent.​

Not exactly new news except it is official now.

Russia threatens to retaliate as Finland seeks NATO membership 'without delay'

HELSINKI/KHARKIV, Ukraine, May 12 (Reuters) - Finland said on Thursday it would apply to join NATO "without delay", with Sweden expected to follow, as Russia's invasion of Ukraine looked set to bring about the very expansion of the Western military alliance that Vladimir Putin aimed to prevent.​
"The West" is building up a very nice victory package for Putin IMO. Bring him to the table and offer to reintroduce the old rule that NATO countries don't touch the Russian border.

You don't even lose anything with such a deal since clearly the likes of Ukraine have no trouble defending themselves. So long as they get infinite NATO weaponry.

Then all you gotta do is figure out who gets Crimea.

"The West" is building up a very nice victory package for Putin IMO. Bring him to the table and offer to reintroduce the old rule that NATO countries don't touch the Russian border.

You don't even lose anything with such a deal since clearly the likes of Ukraine have no trouble defending themselves. So long as they get infinite NATO weaponry.

Then all you gotta do is figure out who gets Crimea.
Intriguing, but not sure Estonia, Latvia, and Norway would go along all the same.

Thinking about TheTalkingMule's negotiating stance - how about a stronger starting position - in addition Russia give back Köningsberg (Kaliningrad - can give back to Germany or split with Poland/Lithuania) and Northern Territories back to Japan. Finland can agree not to join Nato if Russia gives them back the land near St. Petersburg. Leave Transnistria, leave Georgia...:cool:

Oh, and maybe throw the Chinese a bone - they get back Yongmingcheng (Vladivostok).

Last edited:
Intriguing, but not sure Estonia, Latvia, and Norway would go along all the same.
We can always carve out some new countries from existing Russian territory. They can get NATO aid but we put in writing that they never get NATO membership. So Finland gets into NATO, Karelia and Murmansk become their own countries, and NATO does not touch Russia's border.

Absolutely as long as St Petersburg returns as a capital to the new slimmer Novgorod Republic. And FYI Königsberg (or Kaliningrad post WWII) is now in Russia. So add Poland and Lithuania to the list that needs to leave NATO (alongside with Estonia, Latvia, and Norway as listed above). Russia can't offer enough somogon to the negotiators to accept such idiocy.

The best way to deal with the bear is from behind a strong 12 foot pike. A javelin (the modern kind, not the roman original) works too...
1652380568605.png

Last edited: