Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it wasn't.

They kept winning every battle until the very end, gave up and lost the war.

Then the British sacked Washington DC in 1814 for good measure.
Ah I think not, I live not that far from Washington's Crossing on the Delaware. The rout of the Hessians at Trenton and the subsequent defeat shortly thereafter of the British at Princeton were major victories and helped convince the French to provide their fleet to help box in Cornwallis at Yorktown.

Ah I think not, I live not that far from Washington's Crossing on the Delaware. The rout of the Hessians at Trenton and the subsequent defeat shortly thereafter of the British at Princeton were major victories and helped convince the French to provide their fleet to help box in Cornwallis at Yorktown.

As you no doubt know, do NOT try to drive an S across that wee bridge. Harrowing!

It’s obvious he is providing Ukraine with access to internet without censorship. But that is something completely different from being with the war parties

Elon has made his attitudes about the war clear. He is very clearly on Ukraine's side.

On an economic front a lot of Ukrainians have bought Teslas even though they didn't sell them In Ukraine. Malcom Nance said he saw more Teslas in Kyiv before the war than he saw in the Bay Area. Many of the Teslas that have made it to Russia are salvaged cars or are stolen.

There was a ring of car thieves in western Europe who were stealing parked Teslas. It appears they hacked the key fobs. The GPS locator was turned off, but it was suspected most if not all those cars ended up in Russia.

Elon has no love for Russia.

They won every important battle. Until the end.

I suspect you don't know your own history.
They lost the 4 key battles I can reel off without even thinking:

Battle of Boston
Ticonderoga
Saratoga
The entire disaster that was the winter campaign of 1781 in the Carolinas where ineptitude and pyrhic vicotries cost them control of the entire south. Greene had rolled up all of the interior of SC and Georgia and most of NC by the time Cornwallis reached Yorktown.

I'm not even touching on George Washingtons brilliant attacks in NJ and his war of maneuver in the mid atlantic.

Again, by the time Cornwallis left Wilmington (from my family home) and headed north the British were confined to a few ports. They'd lost. They'd been unable to bring sufficient force to bear to pin Washington nor to cripple Greene. They'd abandoned New England entirely.

Since you obviously know nothing of this formative stage of the USA I suggest you check out some books on the topic, Greene, Washington and many other brilliant guys. The success in raising monies in Amsterdam and Paris were a direct reflection of the victories.

Elon has made his attitudes about the war clear. He is very clearly on Ukraine's side.

On an economic front a lot of Ukrainians have bought Teslas even though they didn't sell them In Ukraine. Malcom Nance said he saw more Teslas in Kyiv before the war than he saw in the Bay Area. Many of the Teslas that have made it to Russia are salvaged cars or are stolen.

There was a ring of car thieves in western Europe who were stealing parked Teslas. It appears they hacked the key fobs. The GPS locator was turned off, but it was suspected most if not all those cars ended up in Russia.

Elon has no love for Russia.

Ukraine currently has zero Superchargers. I keep wondering that when this is all over (and hopefully with Ukraine victorious), how quickly Elon/Tesla are going to expand there.

If anyone missed it...

From ISW – Institute for the Study of War:

"
May 28, 7:30pm ET

Russian President Vladimir Putin is inflicting unspeakable suffering on Ukrainians and demanding horrible sacrifices of his own people in an effort to seize a city that does not merit the cost, even for him.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine that aimed to seize and occupy the entire country has become a desperate and bloody offensive to capture a single city in the east while defending important but limited gains in the south and east.
Ukraine has twice forced Putin to define down his military objectives. Ukraine defeated Russia in the Battle of Kyiv, forcing Putin to reduce his subsequent military objectives to seizing Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in eastern Ukraine. Ukraine stopped him from achieving that aim as well, forcing him to focus on completing the seizure of Luhansk Oblast alone. Putin is now hurling men and munitions at the last remaining major population center in that oblast, Severodonetsk, as if taking it would win the war for the Kremlin. He is wrong. When the Battle of Severodonetsk ends, regardless of which side holds the city, the Russian offensive at the operational and strategic levels will likely have culminated, giving Ukraine the chance to restart its operational-level counteroffensives to push Russian forces back. [My underline.] [...
"

Source:

If anyone missed it...

From ISW – Institute for the Study of War:

"
May 28, 7:30pm ET

Russian President Vladimir Putin is inflicting unspeakable suffering on Ukrainians and demanding horrible sacrifices of his own people in an effort to seize a city that does not merit the cost, even for him.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine that aimed to seize and occupy the entire country has become a desperate and bloody offensive to capture a single city in the east while defending important but limited gains in the south and east.
Ukraine has twice forced Putin to define down his military objectives. Ukraine defeated Russia in the Battle of Kyiv, forcing Putin to reduce his subsequent military objectives to seizing Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in eastern Ukraine. Ukraine stopped him from achieving that aim as well, forcing him to focus on completing the seizure of Luhansk Oblast alone. Putin is now hurling men and munitions at the last remaining major population center in that oblast, Severodonetsk, as if taking it would win the war for the Kremlin. He is wrong. When the Battle of Severodonetsk ends, regardless of which side holds the city, the Russian offensive at the operational and strategic levels will likely have culminated, giving Ukraine the chance to restart its operational-level counteroffensives to push Russian forces back. [My underline.] [...
"

Source:
857BF78A-F14F-455F-9373-53F77474D578.png

so you know who you are listening to

You can go look at pictures of what the Russians did to Grozny and Aleppo if you want to see more examples of how they operate.

The Russians fight like the Mongol Horde's armies. This isn't the first time Ukraine has suffered at the hands of an army who fights like that. Kyiv was the center of Ukrainian/Russian culture for many hundreds of years until the Mongols leveled the city and Moscow became preeminent.

US preparing to send full fledged MLRS to Ukraine according to CNN reports

The MLRS can take a number of missiles. The longest range is 186 miles. The air distance from Donesk to the Kerch Strait Bridge is 194 miles.

The Russians fight like the Mongol Horde's armies. This isn't the first time Ukraine has suffered at the hands of an army who fights like that. Kyiv was the center of Ukrainian/Russian culture for many hundreds of years until the Mongols leveled the city and Moscow became preeminent.

The MLRS can take a number of missiles. The longest range is 186 miles. The air distance from Donesk to the Kerch Strait Bridge is 194 miles.
You think these MLRS are brought in by the US to destroy a bridge?

• Disagree
Reactions: nativewolf
You think these MLRS are brought in by the US to destroy a bridge?

In this war Russia is the aggressor destroying a lot of infrastructure and killing a lot of civilians and committing a lot of war crimes in the process.

I don't give the US a free pass for their actions in previous wars, but that isn't what we are discussing in this thread.