Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More on the alleged ammo-transfer from Putler's puppet in Belarus:

Credit (In Swedish):

Reactions: navguy12
More on the alleged ammo-transfer from Putler's puppet in Belarus:

Credit (In Swedish):

If this is so publicized . . . the instant those "wagons" make it into Ukrainian territory, I could think of some GREAT uses for HIMARS.

I’ve seen this in a couple of places tonight. Interested in what others make of it.

The Iskanders have been mostly quiet for over a month now, just the occasional missile launched at Ukraine. Probably that's their current production volume with all their pre-war inventory used up. Putin is stripping Belarus of all its useful weapons and ammunition. Lukashenko probably demanded something in return and Putin decided to give them Iskanders with no missiles. Lukashenko will be very happy until he realizes he was given some very large paper weights.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12 and Skipdd
The Iskanders have been mostly quiet for over a month now, just the occasional missile launched at Ukraine. Probably that's their current production volume with all their pre-war inventory used up. Putin is stripping Belarus of all its useful weapons and ammunition. Lukashenko probably demanded something in return and Putin decided to give them Iskanders with no missiles. Lukashenko will be very happy until he realizes he was given some very large paper weights.
I think it serves the following purposes:

- gives NATO a further headache as it moves the launch point for Russian nukes westwards, making launch detection, tracking, and countering more awkward (just as the Kalingrad enclave ones also do);
- because they will (likely) be under direct Russian control it puts even more high quality Russian forces and C&C deep inside the Belarus armed forces, making Lukashenko more of a puppet and in more of a straitjacket.

alI MHO.

I think it serves the following purposes:

- gives NATO a further headache as it moves the launch point for Russian nukes westwards, making launch detection, tracking, and countering more awkward (just as the Kalingrad enclave ones also do);
- because they will (likely) be under direct Russian control it puts even more high quality Russian forces and C&C deep inside the Belarus armed forces, making Lukashenko more of a puppet and in more of a straitjacket.

alI MHO.

NATO could put nukes in Finland once their NATO application has been completed.

Russia should be REALLY careful how they escalate things. Their available moves are far more limited than NATO in this game of chicken.

They were launched from ships in the Caspian Sea. Most of Russia's missiles hitting behind the front lines in Ukraine the last month have come from ships. The Russians are trying to make a statement at the G7 summit.

NATO could put nukes in Finland once their NATO application has been completed.

Russia should be REALLY careful how they escalate things. Their available moves are far more limited than NATO in this game of chicken.

Russia's only hope for victory is for the west to give up and quit arming Ukraine. That will never happen if the war expands to NATO.

Reminds me of when Hitler stopped bombing important military targets in the UK and switched to civilian targets.

It seemed to only piss off the Brit’s, not cow them into submission.

I suspect the results will be the same in Ukraine.

Terror bombing works on a population who is isolated with no hope for reinforcements or supply, or already demoralized. It worked in Chechnya because they had no hope of any relief from anywhere. It has the opposite effect on a population who is committed to fighting back.