Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the mid-term is over, IMO Biden wants to end the war. This helps the economy and re-election, I guess.

I don't think this is accurate. Every verifyable indication I have seen is that Biden is behind Ukraine deciding when the war will end. At least while the war is on Ukrainians territory.

The Russians have been trying to sow FUD among western countries to weaken resolve for Ukraine. They are good at whispering campaigns.

Looks like it will be a tough winter for Ukraine's civilians. I feel like we should assemble some emergency housing on public lands (maybe in the Southwest) and provide transport and temporary visas. Most would probably prefer to stay in Ukraine, or elsewhere in Europe, but quite a few would be happy to escape the cold this winter, I'm sure.

A number of European countries are preparing to take in more Ukrainians refugees again. The Ukrainians evacuated civilians in some small towns near Kherson because with the infrastructure so badly damaged they were concerned the people wouldn't be able to survive the winter.

I don't think this is accurate. Every verifyable indication I have seen is that Biden is behind Ukraine deciding when the war will end. At least while the war is on Ukrainians territory.

The Russians have been trying to sow FUD among western countries to weaken resolve for Ukraine. They are good at whispering campaigns.

A number of European countries are preparing to take in more Ukrainians refugees again. The Ukrainians evacuated civilians in some small towns near Kherson because with the infrastructure so badly damaged they were concerned the people wouldn't be able to survive the winter.
Spot on post. This is Russian FUD. Also the Russians will surely engage in terror barrages of artillery/rockets into Kherson thus making sense to do as much evacuation as possible.

Interesting that wartranslated.com had some translations of telegram posts saying Russia would start evacuations in Crimea on the 28th.

Last edited:
If true this might be a sign that the Dictator and his servants are running low on artillery ammo...

EDIT: Don't know why this is labelled "potentially sensitive content"... It's just a photo of two artillery shells in a wooden box...

Credit goes to (in Swedish):

Last edited:
Another method is to do a Google search for the headline text. The link provided by Google usually bypasses the paywall
The annoying thing about that is most major paywall sites seemed to have found a way around it, by showing the text on first load and then hiding it after fully loading. The sites are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They want good ranking on search results (by showing the full article to the search engine) but want to still have paywall.

Sometimes however even if that case, if you press the button on your browser to stop it from loading at the right time, sometimes you can get the whole article.

Spot on post. This is Russian FUD. Also the Russians will surely engage in terror barrages of artillery/rockets into Kherson thus making sense to do as much evacuation as possible.

Interesting that wartranslated.com had some translations of telegram posts saying Russia would start evacuations in Crimea on the 28th.

I saw that yesterday. It may be that supply is constrained so they are trying to reduce the number of people they need to feed in Crimea.

An illustration of why things might be 'a bit slow' at the moment over in Ukraine...

NOTE: Headphone users beware of potentially high volume.

Mud season is epic in that part of the world. In WW II there were few paved roads so rail was the only way to move at all this time of year.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Is this any better:
On the River at Night, Ambushing Russians https://nyti.ms/3En30j7

I was sent an unlocked version & several ways to access it - so thanks to all who wanted to help. I skimmed it but it wasn't interesting to me.

If I'd seen a summary, that would have been enough.

Posting pure links isn't good practice in my opinion. Lots of effort for many people, vs little effort for 1 person. Even more if people are on slow/low bandwidth connections or small screen devices.

I don't want to clog the thread up - I just wanted people to know that further workarounds aren't required.

I was sent an unlocked version & several ways to access it - so thanks to all who wanted to help. I skimmed it but it wasn't interesting to me.

If I'd seen a summary, that would have been enough.

Posting pure links isn't good practice in my opinion. Lots of effort for many people, vs little effort for 1 person. Even more if people are on slow/low bandwidth connections or small screen devices.
Just tried to get you a non paywalled article like you originally requested. If you don't like it, don't click on it or request it in the future.