Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RV Park Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Tesla NEMA adapter bundle include an adapter for use at RV parks? Is the 50A 220V adapter a NEMA 14-50? For the 30A 120 V socket that some have, what is the correct adapter? I thought is is TT-30, but I don't see that in the Tesla NEMA adapter bundle.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Does the Tesla NEMA adapter bundle include an adapter for use at RV parks? Is the 50A 220V adapter a NEMA 14-50? For the 30A 120 V socket that some have, what is the correct adapter? I thought is is TT-30, but I don't see that in the Tesla NEMA adapter bundle.
You have to buy your own TT-30 adapter, and if you do you must manually set your own charge amperage. TT-30 is only 24A continuous at 120V, so whatever adapter you use might fool the car into charging at a higher amperage than it is supposed to.

That TT-30 plug needs to be specially made for EV charging. Normal configuration on the plug will not show a voltage difference between the 2 main blades. What I'm about to post is not for instructional purpose but rather informative. The 50amp end of the plug needs to be modified in such a way where there is voltage between the two side by side blades. It's also import that the hot lead needs to be on a certain side. Tesla requires this to be correct or it will not charge. Other EV's may still charge if the hot is not on the correct blade as tesla requires it. Then once the modification is complete, it should be marked for EV charging only. And as previously mentioned, the amperage in the vehicle (or now on the app) needs to be dropped down.

That TT-30 plug needs to be specially made for EV charging. Normal configuration on the plug will not show a voltage difference between the 2 main blades. What I'm about to post is not for instructional purpose but rather informative. The 50amp end of the plug needs to be modified in such a way where there is voltage between the two side by side blades. It's also import that the hot lead needs to be on a certain side. Tesla requires this to be correct or it will not charge. Other EV's may still charge if the hot is not on the correct blade as tesla requires it. Then once the modification is complete, it should be marked for EV charging only. And as previously mentioned, the amperage in the vehicle (or now on the app) needs to be dropped down.
This is good to know, I bought one of these adapters with NEMA 14-50 on the other end.

It sounds like as it is, this won't charge if I was to try it without the modifications you mentioned.

Or you could get one of these:

Reactions: CaptUAL and Vines
Or you could get one of these:

Good find.
I don't know why Tesla didn't include this in their bundle. It's surly not like someone will find the need for all of those NEMA 5 and 6 adapters.
1663945303888.png

Upon rereading this thread, it doesn't look like we have cleared up the "NEMA 14-50" question. So, campground/RV "50 amp service" is indeed NEMA 14-50, and the Tesla adapter works for that without modification. For "30 amp" service, there is no Tesla-sourced adapter, but the EVSE TT-30 works well.