TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

RV Parks

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rearls, Dec 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rearls

Rearls New Member

I live in West Texas where there are almost no Superchargers which creates an issue traveling but I found a nice overnight solution with RV parks. Almost all RV parks have 50watt hookups. This isn't the most convenient solution but it is a overnight solution that will help

2. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

Hopefully Interstate 10 and Interstate 20 will fill in soon. There has been some activity in that area recently.

supercharge.info

3. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I think you mean 50A... 50w would suuuuck ;)

Have you visited plugshare? I have a HPWC in Eunice you're more than welcome to use and there's also one in Andrews I've used a couple times.

4. Rearls

Rearls New Member

I live in West Texas where there are almost no Superchargers which creates an issue traveling but I found a nice overnight solution with RV parks. Almost all RV parks have 50watt hookups. This isn't the most convenient solution but it is a overnight solution that will help

• Like x 1
  5. kort677

kort677 Banned

RV parks used to be a big part of the charging equation before the SpC network was as extensive as it is today. While I never had to stop at a RV park I always was able to locate them with www.rvparky.com.
    if RV parks are going to be part of your charging plans I suggest getting your self a 14-50 extension cord which can be found in RV supply shops or on amazon, Amazon.com: Camco 55194 50 AMP 15' PowerGrip Extension Cord: Automotive

6. kort677

kort677 Banned

as I noted in your other post, www.rvparky.com is the app for locating RV parks.
    Like noted you need to ask for the 50 amp service, they don't get what a 14-50 is.

7. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

Has anyone been successful getting the filter to work to find 50amp?

8. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

RV Parks are nearly EVERYWHERE.
    PlugShare does not have as good info as it does on EV Charging Stations. But there are apps and websites that have excellent info on RV Parks. RVparky is one that comes readily to mind.

9. KJD

KJD Supporting Member