Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD 3-row Model Y order cancelled by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, existing 5 seat RWD orders are still valid.

Yes, my friend who lives in NorCal near the Fremont factory got a call last week regarding her reservation made in May 2019 for a RWD with FSD and Tesla Rep said her car will be available next month! They also said the price of car has lowered but FSD has increased. I would guess that a base RWD will be $4k cheaper than current AWD as it was last year on preorders.

I just checked and my 50K 7-seat RWD reservation is intact. I don't need the car until early 2022 so it would be upsetting if Tesla were to cancel the res.

upload_2020-11-23_19-30-26.png

Last edited:
Yes, my friend who lives in NorCal near the Fremont factory got a call last week regarding her reservation made in May 2019 for a RWD with FSD and Tesla Rep said her car will be available next month! They also said the price of car has lowered but FSD has increased. I would guess that a base RWD will be $4k cheaper than current AWD as it was last year on preorders.

@bpon89, just for clarification, did your friend order a 7-seat RWD, or a 5-seat RWD?

@bpon89, just for clarification, did your friend order a 7-seat RWD, or a 5-seat RWD?

5 seat RWD with FSD. They said if she wanted the reservation they will put it into production and ready for delivery in December. They told her price of car has been reduced but FSD has gone up. Before she got any more details though she asked for her deposit back. She received this call around Thursday last week.

To update, Tesla says my order was canceled accidentally when someone mistyped the order number of the customer who wanted to cancel.

So far, they claim they can’t fix it, reinstate it, or replace it. I also have not been refunded my deposit.

I’m disappointed but I haven’t given up complaining yet