Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD Audio Upgrade to Long Range - Done as stock as possible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, the title says it all. I'd like to upgrade the Standard Range audio system to be as identical to the stock one in the Long Range as possible.

Anyone know the best way to do this? Should I just order the sub and rear speakers direct from Tesla, and find a spot that will install them? I'm in the NYC/NJ area as well - does anyone know of a great spot that does this really well? Thanks again,

Hi everyone, the title says it all. I'd like to upgrade the Standard Range audio system to be as identical to the stock one in the Long Range as possible.

Anyone know the best way to do this? Should I just order the sub and rear speakers direct from Tesla, and find a spot that will install them? I'm in the NYC/NJ area as well - does anyone know of a great spot that does this really well? Thanks again,
Hansshow, and probably others, have a kit available to do this. I haven't done it so can't offer any review, but I happened to notice it when on their site.

Thanks! Yeah I’ve seen that and if that’s the most stock thing there is then I’ll go that route, but would prefer to be a 100% Tesla solution if possible. Anyone know of a good spot for install in NYC or NJ or DC?

Not sure where you are in NJ, there is a place in Parsippany/Troy-Hills of Rt. 46 called Sound Waves, they do work on Teslas, I haven’t had them work on mine but I did confirm they do work on them. The guy on the phone told me that is all or nothing with Tesla, meaning they would rather install an entire system as opposed to a single component only, probably because of labor involved.

To semi answer your other question: I don’t think there is any possible way to add the stock Tesla sub/amp to your vehicle. There is no way to software activate it to be recognized by your MCU. Aftermarket sub/amp is definitely your best bet, NVX makes a great solution as well.

I have the Hansshow diy harness in my 2019 and it makes a world of difference. I Contemplated adding their sub, but there are a few bad experience stories on here and Reddit that kept me from taking the further plunge. Mostly 12v power issues/errors that I would rather not chance dealing with.

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
Thanks! I'll give them a call! Hopefully they know of an option to stay stock as I have the same concerns - want to avoid anything causing issues down the line. So disappointing that Tesla doesn't let you upgrade the audio when ordering the car, or just include it by default now that the car is 8k more expensive than last year.

Anyone else know of any amazing Tesla audio shops in NJ?

Thanks! I'll give them a call! Hopefully they know of an option to stay stock as I have the same concerns - want to avoid anything causing issues down the line. So disappointing that Tesla doesn't let you upgrade the audio when ordering the car, or just include it by default now that the car is 8k more expensive than last year.

Anyone else know of any amazing Tesla audio shops in NJ?
Not sure if auto image in East Brunswick is still around…they do solid work too, they did all my jeep audio. Have no idea if they work on Tesla, but might be worth a shot.