Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD is very quiet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my Model X recall and uncorking upgrade, I got the loaner, Model S 75 RWD. I really wished I get P100D, but better luck next time!

I got all glass roof which looked really nice. But I definitely like the functionality of sunroof.

I noticed the RWD cabin noise was much less than Dual Motors. Is it almost impossible for Tesla to make the dual motors as quiet as RWD?

It's all relative, my 2014 (rdw) is noisier at highway speed's than the 100D I had as a loaner the other day but it is less noisy under 80kph (50mph). Maybe the 75D also has a better sound insulation than my P85?

It's all relative, my 2014 (rdw) is noisier at highway speed's than the 100D I had as a loaner the other day but it is less noisy under 80kph (50mph). Maybe the 75D also has a better sound insulation than my P85?
The tires have a lot to do with road noise at highway speeds. Maybe yours are worn and the loaner's tires were new?

The tires have a lot to do with road noise at highway speeds. Maybe yours are worn and the loaner's tires were new?
I currently have michelin x ice (winter tires) and I think the loaner had another brand. Just not sure which one exactly.

For summer I have pilot super sports which are louder than the primacy's...

I do have a feeling however than the newer cars are better insulated (not saying that my 2014 is loud by any means).

Edit: But yes you could be totally right as I've done 2 winters with the x-ice tires.