Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla must be mucking around with the RWD configuration based on what I just looked at which is different then the other day.
I love the purchase price after savings of $6,800. Quick deliver my Y-:)
Multiple errors
1) Purchase price of $0 is priceless
2) Model Y isn't eligible for Mass Rebate- too expensive
3) Gas savings should be zero- since it will replace my Model 3
Why Tesla cannot just list the price without the savings estimate is beyond me.

My local sales advisor is still stating I will get a call from Corporate sales to get me a reasonable AWD upgrade price. Not holding my breath but we shall see.
View attachment 521914

So realistically this is saying that this version is $4,300 more expensive for the RWD reservation holders to switch to? I'm in CA and it shows a -$4,300 gas savings.

Someone on twitter asked if he changes his RWD to AWD if their deposit will carry over without tagging Elon Musk and he got a response within 4 minutes.... from Elon Musk.... must be ignoring the RWD questions but it looks to me they are trying to get as many people to convert over as possible, I think I will just hold out until someone contacts me.. Jason on Twitter

upload_2020-3-14_21-22-12.png

upload_2020-3-14_21-23-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-14_21-22-32.png
    upload_2020-3-14_21-22-32.png
    20 KB · Views: 61
Someone on twitter asked if he changes his RWD to AWD if their deposit will carry over without tagging Elon Musk and he got a response within 4 minutes.... from Elon Musk.... must be ignoring the RWD questions but it looks to me they are trying to get as many people to convert over as possible, I think I will just hold out until someone contacts me.. View attachment 521941

Yes, I don't think anyone would have doubted that the fully refundable deposit would carry over. Question is if the price has gone up since you placed your reservation, can you change the reservation using the prices in effect at your original reservation time.

Reactions: mgraff
Does anyone experience this when updating from RWD to AWD?
Purchase Price = $0 and even if Update Design button is active there is no was to proceed when you not aware of purchase price
Did Tesla not allowing to update to AWD online?

Attachments

• photo_2020-03-16_21-14-11.jpg
    photo_2020-03-16_21-14-11.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 61
I too think it must have been a glitch of some sort. Just went through the procedure to the point I'd have to hit "Update Design" and all the numbers added up correctly

Does anyone experience this when updating from RWD to AWD?
Purchase Price = $0 and even if Update Design button is active there is no was to proceed when you not aware of purchase price
Did Tesla not allowing to update to AWD online?

100% correct. My mistake.

But regardless of which document this is in, I think the statement I quoted gives Tesla some protection if they wish to simply cancel a model type and give customers their money back. That's terrible optics, of course, but I don't think they could be held legally responsible in any sort of way if they did that.
Perhaps not in Alabama, but after practicing law in California for 45 years, I wouldn’t want to rely on a clause written so unequal after holding a customer’s money for six months. I have no doubt that Tesla will do the right thing and fulfill our orders when they start producing the single motor line. Besides, with a new vehicle, new software and employees that may not be trained on specific operations because of Coronavirus I’m not in a hurry to get mine.

Since the new heat is incorporated in the front motor I wonder if this is what caused Tesla to remove the RWD configuration? Still doesn't meant a heat cannot be added but it would be a one off.
Long blue line points to heat pump.
View attachment 522875

RWD will probably have a resistance heater like the Model 3 instead of a heat pump. The efficiency reduction because of this will may be offset by only having one motor.