Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like upgrading to fsd would be the price it would have been back in 2019?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200811-114339_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200811-114339_Chrome.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 149
Yesterday received SMS

*** from Tesla here. Wanted to say thank you for completing your checkout and your patience as we prepare for you to receive a VIN. Completing your checkout puts you in the best spot to receive your car in a timely manner as well as prepare us in case we need to make any last minutes changes. Hope you have a wonderful day and we'll talk soon.

I received the "Our apologies" SMS last week as well. I'm not sure about the checkout mentioned in the SMS, probably something I did several months ago (select delivery options, payment method, trade in, driver license, etc.) when the option was available.

Btw, I didn't ask any question after receiving this SMS (just simple thanks), since personally I don't mind to continue waiting as I only drive 10 miles per month now. I just hope when I get the RWD, the quality is not too bad as this is the worst time to find and fix any car issue.

“Tesla Update - Our apologies, the previous text sent earlier today about your Model Y Long Range Rear Wheel Drive order was sent in error. Please disregard the timing previously provided, we do not have a timing estimate for Model Y Long Range Rear Wheel Drive vehicles at this time.”

I just got this text. I didn’t get the first one that was sent in error. Anyone know what’s going on? Just more Tesla incompetence?
Lol.. mine is LR RWD 7 Seater and I got this text..
Good news! VINs are being matched out of production as we speak, and we are needing to complete your delivery profile so you can be assigned a VIN. Please log in at Tesla SSO – Login today and submit your profile for delivery. Please email *******[email protected] if you have any questions.

Lol.. mine is LR RWD 7 Seater and I got this text..
Good news! VINs are being matched out of production as we speak, and we are needing to complete your delivery profile so you can be assigned a VIN. Please log in at Tesla SSO – Login today and submit your profile for delivery. Please email *******[email protected] if you have any questions.

I got a subsequent text asking me when I would be ready for delivery. I asked if this was for a LR/RWD and could I get it for Sept 20th, my birthday. but I haven’t heard back yet.

Funny story, I changed my RWD order to AWD 8 weeks ago. After hearing nothing after 5 weeks I called my local service center and they assured me I'd be taking delivery soon. Today I called back and they checked my order. Their internal system still had me as a RWD order so I never was going to get matched to a car until whenever the RWDs actually are made. The website showed my order correctly this whole time.

I'm a bit frustrated as I'm super antsy to get this car but in reality it works out a little better for me this way since my current car's lease expires in early Oct. Oh well.

• Funny
Reactions: benh57
Funny story, I changed my RWD order to AWD 8 weeks ago. After hearing nothing after 5 weeks I called my local service center and they assured me I'd be taking delivery soon. Today I called back and they checked my order. Their internal system still had me as a RWD order so I never was going to get matched to a car until whenever the RWDs actually are made. The website showed my order correctly this whole time.

I'm a bit frustrated as I'm super antsy to get this car but in reality it works out a little better for me this way since my current car's lease expires in early Oct. Oh well.

I think waiting a few extra months for a Model Y will be a blessing in disguise given the quality of these things right now. The car is essentially still in the public beta phase.

I think waiting a few extra months for a Model Y will be a blessing in disguise given the quality of these things right now. The car is essentially still in the public beta phase.

And still when they release the RWD I think we will be beta testing the first RWD MY too o_O And with all these "advances" in production, lets hope it doesnt affect the QA of the final product and doesnt take too much to adjust/fix new issues as they appear