Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what they mean is for you to switch to a dual motor model Y, if you read carefully it clearly says "si estubiera interesado en recibir UN vehiculo" but they dont say its the RWD. Intersting that they are trying to push AWD in Mexico rather than release RWD in US or Canada. A lot of us are waiting on that model, along with 7 seater.

Damn.. guess after reading your post it would make sense.. I was too exicted to give it a fully interpretation word by word. Guess I would either pass on AWD. They increased the prices early this year.. I talked to a Tesla SA like 2 weeks ago, my Reservation is RWD/Red/White interior/FSD/19inch, best he would do on a "discounted" MY they had in stock for about my price, was Red/Black interior/19inch/no FSD so i didn't even hesitated to laugh at him and said I would rather wait for my RWD

I think what they mean is for you to switch to a dual motor model Y, if you read carefully it clearly says "si estubiera interesado en recibir UN vehiculo" but they dont say its the RWD. Intersting that they are trying to push AWD in Mexico rather than release RWD in US or Canada. A lot of us are waiting on that model, along with 7 seater.

That's exactly how I read that as well.

Damn.. guess after reading your post it would make sense.. I was too exicted to give it a fully interpretation word by word. Guess I would either pass on AWD. They increased the prices early this year.. I talked to a Tesla SA like 2 weeks ago, my Reservation is RWD/Red/White interior/FSD/19inch, best he would do on a "discounted" MY they had in stock for about my price, was Red/Black interior/19inch/no FSD so i didn't even hesitated to laugh at him and said I would rather wait for my RWD
Thats the exact config i want Red/white rwd but i want to see a 7 seater, i have a 3 and a 6 year old, want to see if ithey fit and its worth the $3k. How much are you paying for that model in MX?

I understand that Tesla initially expected to release the RWD version during Fall/2020, which ends in less than 2 weeks.
Has anybody reached out and got any information on what they are going to do with that schedule?

The other versions currently available were all released ahead of schedule.

I understand that Tesla initially expected to release the RWD version during Fall/2020, which ends in less than 2 weeks.
Has anybody reached out and got any information on what they are going to do with that schedule?

The other versions currently available were all released ahead of schedule.
I’m on LR RWD 7 seater waitlist since April 2019. No update anywhere to find.
Not in a hurry as work at home keeping me from driving. But still “no update” is killing me as well

That would be hard to believe as it is almost a $5k difference ($48k to $52.9k).
I made a similar post on Reddit a couple weeks ago regarding my friend who received a call from Tesla regarding her reservation RWD LR from May 2019 and that if she wanted, the car would be put in production and be ready in December. She cancelled her order and took her deposit back before getting more info.

Thats the exact config i want Red/white rwd but i want to see a 7 seater, i have a 3 and a 6 year old, want to see if ithey fit and its worth the $3k. How much are you paying for that model in MX?

Sorry for the late reply.. My total reservation cost is 1,328,800 MXN (~ 66,426.22 USD). LR RWD, Red/white interior, 19inch wheels and FSD. If i were to submit a new order today of a similar car, but AWD, it would cost me 1,551,900 MXN ( ~77,578USD), so reordering a car is not an option for me anymore.

Sorry for the late reply.. My total reservation cost is 1,328,800 MXN (~ 66,426.22 USD). LR RWD, Red/white interior, 19inch wheels and FSD. If i were to submit a new order today of a similar car, but AWD, it would cost me 1,551,900 MXN ( ~77,578USD), so reordering a car is not an option for me anymore.
Well it looks like the RWD will not be made, its ether short range or AWD at least for now, you never know with TESLA, the SR was not supposed to happen and here we are. I will go with SR as i dont need it for long trips, but being there is no alot of superchargers in MX you may have to go with AWD

To be clear, I ordered the LR RWD.

Also, was the SR RWD supposed to be $39,000?

Yes, 39,000 with less miles and no Autopilot.

I put my order in, have been holding out and I’m excited with what they did with the SR. More miles than the original release, Autopilot, Premium Interior, better warranty than M3 SR+. I think it’s a great value, even with the increased price.

To be clear, I ordered the LR RWD.

Also, was the SR RWD supposed to be $39,000?
Over the weekend, my Tesla sales team reached out to me and they mentioned that probably there would not be a LR RWD and they offered help in converting my order to either SR or LR AWD. They are willing to honor the FSD price at that time of my LR RWD order ($6000). Yet to get an official response as I asked to share total price for LR AWD including the FSD inwriting before converting my order.

Over the weekend, my Tesla sales team reached out to me and they mentioned that probably there would not be a LR RWD and they offered help in converting my order to either SR or LR AWD. They are willing to honor the FSD price at that time of my LR RWD order ($6000). Yet to get an official response as I asked to share total price for LR AWD including the FSD inwriting before converting my order.
Bummer, i was hoping for LR Rwd 7 seater but i guess its now a choice of AWD OR SR. I would really push for that offer in writing and dont do any changes untill you are sure they will honor that price, Tesla ia known to screw peole over like that

Bummer, i was hoping for LR Rwd 7 seater but i guess its now a choice of AWD OR SR. I would really push for that offer in writing and dont do any changes untill you are sure they will honor that price, Tesla ia known to screw peole over like that
Yes, I heard about horror stories. I wanted to proceed only after they confirm in writing.
Price wise, not much difference, it was 48k plus 6k for FSD at the time of my reservation. And now 48.5k plus 6k for FSD ( including $1500 clean fuel reward). so I am thinking of sacrificing additional 20 to 25 miles of possible range for RWD model and get AWD.