Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was a Genius at Apple we too didn't get much in the way of guidance, all we could do is tell the customer what traditionally Apple had done in the past. I remember a time when an update was bricking phones and there was NO advice from Apple as to how to fix them, but people were crowding the stores. We said, "There will be a fix for this, this week". Sure enough, we were right, but we had no way to know they could fix all those phones with an update. The downside of being Customer Facing.

Was this someone you know from Tesla or you simply got a call from sales??

I placed another AWD order separately with the $100 order as a placeholder in case one order got to me before the other. The local dealer rep called me regarding the new order, and I explained my situation. He is going to speak with the delivery manager and give me a definitive answer for what I should do in the next day or two. His knee jerk explanation was what I explained above.

I went to the showroom today with a family member that wanted to test drive a model S, it was a coincidence that the rep I spoke to on the phone earlier this morning was the same guy who went with the test drive with.

I placed another AWD order separately with the $100 order as a placeholder in case one order got to me before the other. The local dealer rep called me regarding the new order, and I explained my situation. He is going to speak with the delivery manager and give me a definitive answer for what I should do in the next day or two. His knee jerk explanation was what I explained above.

I went to the showroom today with a family member that wanted to test drive a model S, it was a coincidence that the rep I spoke to on the phone earlier this morning was the same guy who went with the test drive with.
If you can keep us updated if you hear anything. I placed my order last April so I'm hoping I don't need to wait another year. Ive also got in touch with the rep who sold me my Model X and she is trying to find a definite answer and has told me to stay put for now. If I hear anything ill also post it here. Thanks

I just called Tesla's Kierland Commons store in Phoenix and the rep said he didn't have an official word but he assumes that the RWD long range won't be made. That pisses me off. Tesla is sitting on my $2500 for something that may never be built. No way I'm paying an extra 5 grand for AWD when I don't need it.

I just called Tesla's Kierland Commons store in Phoenix and the rep said he didn't have an official word but he assumes that the RWD long range won't be made. That pisses me off. Tesla is sitting on my $2500 for something that may never be built. No way I'm paying an extra 5 grand for AWD when I don't need it.

Keep in mind the reps don't know anything that isn't public information.

Someone else was told something entirely different by a different one.

Historically, Tesla have tried to honor configurations they've sold, even if they would prefer not to. Consequently I'd expect a short production run, maybe in Q4, to fulfill open LR RWD orders.

I think we will get a RW SR+ that will have the 300 rated miles on it. Its the only logical thing I can think of.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
It is more than $5k. When I go to add AWD the cost is $6,490 higher so I didn't do it.

You're all wrong, model y awd costs $4k more than rwd in the US

Attachments

• tesla_model_y_price_specs.jpg
    tesla_model_y_price_specs.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia