Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check this out...got an email today that opens up Phase 1 of the NJ $5K incentive program for online rebates ~120 days after you take delivery and submit the paperwork. Phase 2 (date TBD 2020) will let Tesla take the money off at sale. Defines MSRP as LESS than $55K - but you’ll have to email the program to see if FSD is included (wheels, color options ARE included in the MSRP definition, destination/fess are NOT). Home | Charge Up New Jersey
Thanks a lot for your reply
Looks like i need to change my order to AWD with out FSD
“Eligible vehicle” means a new light duty plug-in electric vehicle, with an MSRP of below $55,000, purchased or leased after the effective date of P.L.2019, c.362 (C.48:25-1 et al.) and registered in New Jersey.“

This car will be around... If you change your mind in 3 years, it'll probably be even better with 400 mile range
I have to be candid that I’m losing interest in the Model Y. I used to read these forums every day, but no longer have found myself doing that. Being cooped up indoors during this pandemic, seeing losses that others have experienced and other issues has made me more thankful for what I have. I’m starting to rethink if I need or want to spend $50k on a new car (I have a good 2016 vehicle that runs great, albeit it gets 20mpg).

I just feel like I’m at that hot and well regarded restaurant waiting an extraordinarily long time for a table - and having no idea of when my table will be ready or if it will ever be ready (RWD order). I’m at the point of being mentally ready to give up and be happy somewhere else (or with what I already have). I know I will not have gotten that great experience or acclaimed food (or car in this case) but I’m suddenly okay with that.

The Model Y will do well, I have no doubt. Those that buy it should be happy and enjoy every minute of it. Best wishes and luck to all those wait it out, I hope it will be worth it and provide years of enjoyment. Thanks for the info and insight provided through these posts.

Feeling the same way. If Tesla called me today for delivery the answer would be no. My business is down 95% since March 15th. My wife lost her job last week. The car we were going to replace with the Model Y hasn't moved in 3 months
I have to be candid that I’m losing interest in the Model Y. I used to read these forums every day, but no longer have found myself doing that. Being cooped up indoors during this pandemic, seeing losses that others have experienced and other issues has made me more thankful for what I have. I’m starting to rethink if I need or want to spend $50k on a new car (I have a good 2016 vehicle that runs great, albeit it gets 20mpg).

I just feel like I’m at that hot and well regarded restaurant waiting an extraordinarily long time for a table - and having no idea of when my table will be ready or if it will ever be ready (RWD order). I’m at the point of being mentally ready to give up and be happy somewhere else (or with what I already have). I know I will not have gotten that great experience or acclaimed food (or car in this case) but I’m suddenly okay with that.

The Model Y will do well, I have no doubt. Those that buy it should be happy and enjoy every minute of it. Best wishes and luck to all those wait it out, I hope it will be worth it and provide years of enjoyment. Thanks for the info and insight provided through these posts.

I'm feeling the same way. If Tesla called me for delivery today the answer would be no. My business is down 95% since March 15th and my wife was laid off. The car we were replacing with the Model Y hasn't moved in almost 3 months (besides riding it around the block to keep the oil, gas, and tires fresh). The trade in value for it is dropping like a rock and I'm living on the downpayment we saved up.
I'll need to give it a couple years. My business is already recovering and my wife will get a new job. The Model Y will be even better by then. Maybe they'll actually manufacturer the LR RWD. Too bad my trade in still won't be worth *sugar*.

• Informative
Reactions: jgd108
Finally saw a Model Y in the wild today.

I also did notice on the filings for how to read Tesla VIN numbers for 2020 that there is a part that states single motor Model Y, so it seems like there is a chance that it will be made but just not on the horizon right now.

D = Single Motor – Standard / Performance (Designated for Model Y

upload_2020-6-2_13-19-24.png

Finally saw a Model Y in the wild today.

I also did notice on the filings for how to read Tesla VIN numbers for 2020 that there is a part that states single motor Model Y, so it seems like there is a chance that it will be made but just not on the horizon right now.

D = Single Motor – Standard / Performance (Designated for Model Y

View attachment 547323
The standard range will have a single motor

Personally I think they will bother to build the LR RWD till they are shipping cars to all markets they opened the preorders to (USA-Canda-Mexico, not sure other countries). So they can batch produce all at the same time and deliver them.

And according to Tesla website, Canada deliveries - Mid 2020 (should be anytime soonish) and in Mexico they announce sometime in the 2020 (last time I called they said maybe sometime in July-August they would have their first deliveries)

I just really hope they dont just cancel the orders else RIP my plan to get a Model Y.. they updated their pricing down here 30% more, so if I were to upgrade my RWD to AWD, its like an extra 9k USD! Yikes!

I gave up.!! Tesla finally agreed to honor day one pricing a 4K difference in price and change my order from a LR RWD to a AWD and honor the rest of day one pricing on my order. If I add a hitch or anything else the price would revert to current pricing. It will be interesting if i receive a Vin in the next few weeks.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lostthebeat
I gave up.!! Tesla finally agreed to honor day one pricing a 4K difference in price and change my order from a LR RWD to a AWD and honor the rest of day one pricing on my order. If I add a hitch or anything else the price would revert to current pricing. It will be interesting if i receive a Vin in the next few weeks.
What's the workflow to get AWD pricing from 2019? I'd be interested

What's the workflow to get AWD pricing from 2019? I'd be interested

Chat, and I finally had a phone call that said yes. It took about 3 days for the change to appear in my account. I have a feeling it might be a NEW corporate policy because of all of the no's that i had. But the only change you can make is LR RWD and pay the 4K to upgrade to AWD anything else will revert your order to new pricing. i.e Tow Hitch

• Disagree
Just tried to see if I able to do a RWD - AWD upgrade.. no luck.. chat said they had no information regarding that (even after I said they needed to check with corporate) and via phone, my dealer agent said it wasnt possible, and supposedly she confirmed me that those cars would be made (LOL like if she knew) in bout a 6 month span after they start delivering here in MX.

I am interested to do the same but everyone I spoke with (even the “Store Leader”) at my local Tesla store in NJ continues to stress that ANY configuration change would move the whole reservation to current book pricing...for me, this means I would lose the 20” induction wheels at $1,500 AND could NOT get the AWD for the added $4K only...

To quote the store leader: “...once you make a configuration change on an existing order, any price changes including on paint, wheels, interior our full self-driving will be updated to the new price book. This has been the case on every model Tesla offers. They only way to avoid this change is by keeping your original order...”

Did you speak with someone at Corporate and can you share the contact info? Jumping through hoops like this is BS...by now there should be formal, consistent guidance for those of us that plopped down $2,500 months ago...

by now there should be formal, consistent guidance for those of us that plopped down $2,500 months ago...

Hasn't the consistent guidance been that if you change anything the pricing changes? It seems we have once person that has found someone that was willing to do something different, but that certainly appears to be an exception, if not a mistake.