Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m holding out hope that Tesla will produce the LR AWD and the proof of that is they haven’t cancelled our orders.

They want us to upgrade because moe money.

I don’t want to upgrade because I don’t need AWD and never will.

I'm in the exact same position as you....and I'm willing to wait for a long time...given how things are going in this country at the moment I don't expect to need a car until 2021.

Who said that the pre-ordered LR FWDs wouldn’t be the premium was interior? I finally got my wheels changed and my new order says premium on it. I was able to confirm that the RWDs should start rolling out in Sept in the preorder order. Just kinda curious. So many guesses and rumors on here.

My guess is that LR RWD and SR+ will start production at the same time. They will be the same car, just that LR RWD will have the bigger pack.

Who said that the pre-ordered LR FWDs wouldn’t be the premium was interior? I finally got my wheels changed and my new order says premium on it. I was able to confirm that the RWDs should start rolling out in Sept in the preorder order. Just kinda curious. So many guesses and rumors on here.

The first post speculation LR RWD = SR+ with bigger battery pack. I replied that I hope that insinuation is wrong, for the sake of keeping the premium interior. Tesla has not before stripped the premium interior just for the sake of a drive-type change, so I'm not sure where they got that idea...

Reactions: blissdancer
My guess is that LR RWD and SR+ will start production at the same time. They will be the same car, just that LR RWD will have the bigger pack.

My order still states All Black Premium interior, if they did change it to a partial premium interior I would probably cancel my order because I'm paying $7,000.00 more for the Long Range battery and I am assuming that the Premium interior is included in that... But then again it would make it easier for Tesla if they slapped a LR battery into a SR or SR+ but then again they could make a limited run with LR RWD with premium interiors..

Wait so you were able to modify your RWD order without being forced to upgrade? How did you do that? Who informed you of the Sept date?

For those who have been able to upgrade from RWD to AWD at old pricing, what was your path? I have a March 2019 order that I need to upgrade but have been out of luck with getting old pricing.

If you go to the order a car page there is a chat icon on the bottom left screen. Give them your RN and ask to upgrade to AWD at the original pricebook.

My order still states All Black Premium interior, if they did change it to a partial premium interior I would probably cancel my order because I'm paying $7,000.00 more for the Long Range battery and I am assuming that the Premium interior is included in that... But then again it would make it easier for Tesla if they slapped a LR battery into a SR or SR+ but then again they could make a limited run with LR RWD with premium interiors..

Wait so you were able to modify your RWD order without being forced to upgrade? How did you do that? Who informed you of the Sept date?

I was able to modify my order via a phone call to the Santana Row sales store. I learned from this site that others were able to modify RWD by phone. I was told then that RWD delivery would stay in the Sept.

Subsequently I went to Santana Row to test drive a Y. I asked when delivery date for the RWD, I was again told Sept.

I suggest calling your nearest sales store and tell them others have we been able to change their RWD orders this way. That is what I did. My new order was in my account within 24hr. ITV said that deliveries would be in order of date placed given model and location and I would be contacted when my car was ready.

I got a text out of the blue to complete my info regarding my order.

I spoke to my assigned service advisor and he implied that they will be building the LR RWD soon but I don’t remember the exact weasel words.

So, unless this is a push to upgrade, this seems consistent with possibly maybe sorta kinda happening.

I got a text out of the blue to complete my info regarding my order.

I spoke to my assigned service advisor and he implied that they will be building the LR RWD soon but I don’t remember the exact weasel words.

So, unless this is a push to upgrade, this seems consistent with possibly maybe sorta kinda happening.

Keep us updated! I'm sure a lot of us completed our order info when the site allowed us to a few months ago. Anyone else receive this text?

I noticed a change today for the page for the insurance section to buy Tesla insurance:

Before:
upload_2020-7-8_8-56-7.png

After:
upload_2020-7-8_8-56-20.png