Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep us updated! I'm sure a lot of us completed our order info when the site allowed us to a few months ago. Anyone else receive this text?

This is the exact text, mostly. Sorta.

Hi Eriamjh1138, this is Elon at Tesla and will be supporting you with your Model Y order. Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete all outstanding tasks within the next 72 hours.

Please note that delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account. Incomplete tasks may delay delivery timing.

Questions? Reply to this message or call me directly at 725-223-xxxx

Last edited:
Just an update on the RWD to AWD story, my local Tesla dealership contacted me on Tuesday(7/7) and informed me that they now know how to do the change and still allow me to keep my original book pricing, so I made the change and it now shows up in my reservation order for only $4k more. To get this done, a Tesla sale person has to put in this change request, the buyer cannot.

My local service center contacted me today too. They told me the LR RWD is anticipated in late 2021. Then I asked about keeping the old $4k price increase for AWD... They cannot do it. Boo

late 2021 or 2020? I don’t think late 2021 would be anywhere close to accurate as 7 seat will launch late 2020 and SR early 2021. Im sure they’d want to make more margin off LR.

And several people have been able to get upgrade to AWD for $4 - your advisor just has to submit the order and backend the original pricing gets applied.

Sounds like they have a lot of misinformation - which unfortunately is pretty common with chat, phone, showrooms, and advisors. Ugh.

Interesting, it doesn't let me upload insurance or buy Tesla insurance anymore..
upload_2020-7-9_21-5-27.png

Looks like the page is changing for me at least in the last 2 days it has changed twice.

Just an update on the RWD to AWD story, my local Tesla dealership contacted me on Tuesday(7/7) and informed me that they now know how to do the change and still allow me to keep my original book pricing, so I made the change and it now shows up in my reservation order for only $4k more. To get this done, a Tesla sale person has to put in this change request, the buyer cannot.
Does your order have FSD package?
If so, did that price jack up to current pricing? Thats the catch for me when I spoke to sales guy. He said that it was likely possible to upgrd my Y LR RWD to AWD for original AWD price but that the FSD would adjust to current cost. My resi has FSD for just $5k and upgrade would jack it to $8k.

I just checked my account and I had to confirm the amount due in cash and loan payment and financial institution. Clicked submit and the next page was asking for insurance, but provided no VIN.

Next step is a VIN from Tesla. This does not appear to be something they would do for a late 2021 delivery. Maybe an August or September 2020 delivery.

Late 2021! Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I'm going to contact them again in a few weeks - hopefully we will know more info after the Q2 Q&A on 7/22.
I don’t believe this. I have been told multiple times that the RWD will start rolling out in fall 2020. It is easy to get an AWD cuz they made too many, They want us to upgrade to get that stock moving. now it is time for Tesla to fulfill their obligation to the tens of thousands of people who put 2500 up for the RWD.

I just checked my account and I had to confirm the amount due in cash and loan payment and financial institution. Clicked submit and the next page was asking for insurance, but provided no VIN.

Next step is a VIN from Tesla. This does not appear to be something they would do for a late 2021 delivery. Maybe an August or September 2020 delivery.

I've submitted all that information in March 2020, I believe everyone is able was able to submit that information.

When did you last check your order just now after you got the text? I don't think seeing that stuff is anything to get excited about for now...

Reactions: jgd108 and Mooroo
Tesla lowered the base price!
Tesla reduces Model Y prices, now starts below $50,000 - Electrek

But, since FSD went up to 8k, for me as a week one orderer w/FSD in Blue, the difference between AWD and my existing RWD order is still $4k. ($3990) -- (55000 -> 58990)

WELL WELL WELL. How the turn tables, tu..... nevermind

So this basically accomplishes what most of us have unsuccessfully tried with Tesla: honor the preorder price so we only pay $4K more to upgrade. Even with the increase in FSD price, now I will pay only $4K more to get the AWD, which I will do. for someone who did not order FSD, the new price is even better: just a $2K from the preorder LR RWD price... Good luck everybody!