Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cancelled my MY RWD and ordered MY AWD yesterday (7/21), had to pay for all the price difference: wheels and color, No FSD on mine. Got a call from advisor that the car is ready and leaving Cali on the way to TX. Should be ready to pick up next week.
Sweet! Congrats! I kept my RWD order and placed a new order on 7/16, with FSD. I guess changing from preorder did help you with getting it faster. What’s your config like?

I changed my RWD order two weeks ago to the AWD. I added the tow hitch in the process and also changed the interior from white to black. So my order is now a LR AWD, Multi-Coat Red, 19" Gemini Wheels, Black Interior, and Hitch. No FSD. Still waiting on a VIN or ANY communication from Tesla. I had originally ordered in January.

Reactions: Mooroo
I changed my RWD order two weeks ago to the AWD. I added the tow hitch in the process and also changed the interior from white to black. So my order is now a LR AWD, Multi-Coat Red, 19" Gemini Wheels, Black Interior, and Hitch. No FSD. Still waiting on a VIN or ANY communication from Tesla. I had originally ordered in January.
It seems like it’s the luck of the draw. If they have your config available, you get it within days. If not, you wait for algo to select your location and config for production/delivery.

Hello. For existing RWD it is still showing old price, should we call the sales to ask possible $3000 drop? also do we know if RWD come with heat pump and does the heat pump matters?

They can't price match new prices until new prices are published. So until the RWD is released to be ordered there is nothing for them to price match.

We don't know if it will have a heat pump, but I would say it is almost guaranteed that it will. (They aren't going to go backwards on efficiency and create another variant to service.)

I test drove the Y yesterday, it felt almost like driving the 3.
From the outside, if the 3 and Y are not next to each other, even with a trained eye it's hard to differentiate both cars from the front!
The glass roof with no middle divider gives amazing view, and more headroom for the front (although the rear as less I felt).
As mentioned by others the rear visibility is tiny, but seems sufficient while driving.
First impression was how high the seating position felt compared to the 3, and driving on the highway it was fun to look down at the other cars :)
Can't wait for this car in 2021 :)

Just got an email from tesla asking me to complete the rest of my information with in 72 hours. They want me to take picture of my trade in and give them financing information or choose tesla finance option. I order the Y with LR RWD with 7 seater so it super odd to see that email.

48K is the price on my order, guessing it may go down slightly due to no more SR and price drop of AWD?
From Electrec article:

Update: Tesla has removed the option to select the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive after we posted this article.

It’s surprising since Musk hinted that the price would be closer to $45,000 and it’s only $2,000 cheaper than the Model Y Long Range Dual Motor.

P.s. I also would expect it priced 45900 rather then 48000, as 1900 difference from AWD too small to encourage downgrade. Quite probably 48k was a price BEFORE 3k drop on AWD.