Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone noticed that there are some VINs assigned to RWD preorders on the Teslike Google Forms?? (Not sure if they are real or fake)

They are all currently entry errors. Filter by RWD and look at order dates, none of these "orders" happened when RWD was orderable.
Until the configurator allows new orders any valid RWD Model Y order has to be placed before Feb 2020.

Actually, almost all the RWD order information has been set aside and will only be re-added to the spreadsheet if the person edits their google form entry so the number of RWD orders is very small on the spreadsheet.

Same timeframe as my order. Ordered RWD in January, changed to AWD when the price dropped and haven't heard peep out of Tesla since.

Was: RWD, Red Multicoat, White Interior, 19" w/ Gemini wheels
Now: AWD, Red Multicoat, Black Interior, 19" w/ Gemini Wheels, Tow Hitch

Did you ever get your car? I switched my order in early September and haven't heard squat.

If you changed from RWD to AWD, i recommend pinging an advisor and making sure your order isn't stuck in a bad state, has happened to several folks.
I just ended up cancelling my RWD order and placing a new one, instead of modifying it. I just got my car 3 days ago. I did this to get my friends referral code in there. The $2500 deposit was returned in about 1 week. All pretty seamless in my opinion.

Does anyone have any update or rumors regarding the fate of the MY RWD? Am I the only person who hasn’t gone over to the AWD? Soon it will be one year of waiting for the RWD and I ain’t getting any younger. I could die before I get my car. Come on Tesla, come on Elon give this old lady her car

Reactions: Dadiggaman
Does anyone have any update or rumors regarding the fate of the MY RWD? Am I the only person who hasn’t gone over to the AWD? Soon it will be one year of waiting for the RWD and I ain’t getting any younger. I could die before I get my car. Come on Tesla, come on Elon give this old lady her car

Everyone is guessing Q1 for pretty logical reasons, but honestly no one outside of Tesla knows at this point. Competition is slowly heating up, though, so it seems sensible to think the first half of next year.

I am still waiting, I may likely get AWD next year depending on if there is a new center console along with the larger battery?

Reactions: blissdancer
I understand your frustration, I've been waiting since 2qtr of 2019.

Happy New Year Everyone !

OP here, RWD reservation made 1/1/20. One year and counting... and yes, I know there are others coming up to 2 years in March.
For those still bearing up, here is a video from Neal D. Tyson on...
Nothing:

Empty Earthly air : Septillion molecules of N, O et al.
Interplanetary : 10 million molecules
Interstellar: 1 million molecules
Intergalactic: 1/2 million molecules
Out of universe: quantum virtual particles popping in and out
Completely devoid space time: physics

... and the new standard definition of Nothing:

MY RWD information: Substantive Tesla Actual Relative Zero ;) (STARZ... apologies to the movie channel)

• Funny
Reactions: kevin1
Happy New Year Everyone !

OP here, RWD reservation made 1/1/20. One year and counting... and yes, I know there are others coming up to 2 years in March.
For those still bearing up, here is a video from Neal D. Tyson on...
Nothing:

Empty Earthly air : Septillion molecules of N, O et al.
Interplanetary : 10 million molecules
Interstellar: 1 million molecules
Intergalactic: 1/2 million molecules
Out of universe: quantum virtual particles popping in and out
Completely devoid space time: physics

... and the new standard definition of Nothing:

MY RWD information: Substantive Tesla Actual Relative Zero ;) (STARZ... apologies to the movie channel)

They just finished the quarter even if they were going to start making the Model Y RWD we may not know until a few weeks in.

For me the biggest question if AWD sales are going well they may not make the RWD ever or only after Austin is making Model Ys.

We likely know this month

Configurator stated 1-12 weeks for both LR and Performance since the new year but now today it states 2-5 weeks for the LR and 6-10 weeks for the Performance.

Guessing the existing stock is probably selling out and maybe we will see cars with the new features and potentially a LR RWD near the end of the quarter?

Configurator stated 1-12 weeks for both LR and Performance since the new year but now today it states 2-5 weeks for the LR and 6-10 weeks for the Performance.

Guessing the existing stock is probably selling out and maybe we will see cars with the new features and potentially a LR RWD near the end of the quarter?

They may announce something and open the configurator when they sell out. Hopefully, we will see the RWD soon.

For me, the biggest question is if AWD sales are going well they may not make the RWD ever or only after Austin is making Model Ys.
I think if so they should allow existing reservations to upgrade to AWD for the price difference of the extra motor instead or asking them to wait a further year.

We will likely know this month