Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the second text about the error a couple of days ago. Today I got a text from someone named Elliott asking when do I want to take delivery of my MY. So I replied that I am waiting for an RWD and when will those deliveries start? No reply yet.

Well now that Battery Day is over and it looks like there's nothing changing near term for the MY, I am back to wanting my RWD! Anyone heard anything? I haven't heard a thing from Tesla since the funny text in early August.
On another thread, there was discussion that perhaps an announcement might be made in early October - Tesla wanting to avoid any disruption to 3Q sales, was the thought process.

Still waiting. Keeping the faith.

I don't need a car at all right now, WFH since March and it will continue to June of next year, looks like. So, may delay anyway.

Wow, the tracker only shows 17 still listed as RWD. I wonder if some never got changed 'back' to RWD when he had bulk changed them to AWD long ago?

Wow, the tracker only shows 17 still listed as RWD. I wonder if some never got changed 'back' to RWD when he had bulk changed them to AWD long ago?
I forgot to change my response, so iuI now.
Im still waiting for MY RWD, but i reserved ID4 1st edition as well, so it's really just whoever is able to deliver first at this point. My current lease is ending in a month so I'm hoping the timing works out, but If not I can hold out for one of them.

I have the same status: Waiting Contract and VIN, competed all tasks; Lic, Reg, Ins

I think the best indication is Troy's delivery spreadsheet see "Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet".
I think Tesla will focus on Performance and Long Range AWD Model Ys until they mostly clear the backlog.

Then I think they will do a run of LR RWD Model Ys or decide to sell us Long Range AWD models with front motors as a software-enabled upgrade feature. I think most likely is the limited run of LR RWD units, since they will likely start the SR RWD orders after that.

As of July 14, they are have cleared about
58.5% Long Range AWD
70.2% Performance​
backlog and are producing about 5% to 7% of the backlog a week.

So around mid-September to mid-October.

It all depends on the production volume and the number of Performance and LR AWD orders.

Right now little is getting delivered because at the beginning of the quarter they ship the cars to the furthest destinations.
For Model Y this is Quebec and the East coast and all the cars are going to spend 3 weeks on rail and road.

Model Y RWD Q1 2021?

Troy is thinking Oct 14, not sure why. Maybe expects the new line to come online at least in a small way then.

The problem is we have a background of new orders being added and the end of quarter bursts which mess with the picture.
It is now Oct and at the end of the quarter we hit a peak delivered per cent number from the spreadsheet of:
75.6% Long Range AWD or +17.1% over Q2
79.3% Performance or +9.1 % over Q2​

Currently, I think now everything is being shipped and they are turning to production upgrades and required shutdowns so we are see in half the rate.

So maybe at the end of December we will be at:
95.0% Long Range AWD
90.0% Performance
I always thought they would not like to run so low in the backlog but maybe they will do the Model Y in Q1 next year.

I am also waiting to hear about the RWD LR was his tweets lead us to expect an announcement this month. Instead he gives us the 7 seater. Curious to see how they fit the 3rd row in. I heard on Tesla Daily that the 2021 Model 3 will be getting a new steering wheel that is heated. That should be carrying over the the Model Y. Good things may be coming to those who wait.

I am also waiting to hear about the RWD LR was his tweets lead us to expect an announcement this month. Instead he gives us the 7 seater. Curious to see how they fit the 3rd row in. I heard on Tesla Daily that the 2021 Model 3 will be getting a new steering wheel that is heated. That should be carrying over the the Model Y. Good things may be coming to those who wait.

Their production looks to be up given the number of VIN being assigned and Elon’s tweet about 20% increase. I think the 7 seater may get them into Q1 it will be close. I think RWD will be needed by Q1.

If I was them I would open both 7 seater and RWD at the end of the month. You want a full queue to be able to efficiently batch up colour runs etcétéra. There is still right hand drive for Australia, I think Europe is likely to wait for Berlin but they could always change plans.

We may get more clues on the Q3 call.

Reactions: Dadiggaman
Its coming!!!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1603337419327.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603337419327.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 141