Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recall this past summer when Elon stated that 300 miles was the minimum range for Tesla vehicles going forward. I guess with coming competition from VW, Ford and other manufacturers Tesla needed to quickly pivot and respond with a lower priced crossover. So now Tesla customers will be able to purchase a 244 mile estimated range Model Y, RWD for $8,000 less than the current 326 mile estimated range Long Range, Dual Motor AWD Model Y.

I don't get the Tesla direction. In July/20, Elon said there would not be a STD range model Y since the range wasn't good enough. He said the LR/RWD car would be introduced in a few months. After a lot of months, they put out a STD range 244 mile range Y but no word on the LR/RWD car. What are those of us who hold a LR/RWD reservation suppose to think?

Reactions: seangoggin
WTF a standard range RWD???? So the long range RWD is out and we are screwed!!! If I cancel the RWD
and order an AWD now the FSD is 3K more on top of the extra motor cost!!!! I am calling tomorrow to see what is going
on. Musk is a liar!!! Well Muskass always puts profit before people. He is just too rich to give a **** about anyone but himself. I hate that man but I love the car.

I don't get the Tesla direction. In July/20, Elon said there would not be a STD range model Y since the range wasn't good enough. He said the LR/RWD car would be introduced in a few months. After a lot of months, they put out a STD range 244 mile range Y but no word on the LR/RWD car. What are those of us who hold a LR/RWD reservation suppose to think?

We are supposed to think that Musk hates his clients, who make his nearly the richest man on the planet. That boy needs a good ass woopin!!

I don't regret not switching to AWD in December 2019 as I don't need AWD, extra range, or even a new car right now. CA living has some advantages. But, had I cancelled my order in December 2019 when RWD was removed and bought 20 shares of TSLA with my $2,500.00 order fee it would be worth $17K right now.
Considering cancelling the RWD order, getting a white SR MY, and using the price difference to get 7 shares of TSLA.

I am waiting a week, normally the sales organization need time to figure out what to do.
Maybe a policy or option will happen for the existing LR RWD customers.

I decided to wait until Monday as I don't want to be bummed out all weekend if they won't honor my current FDS pricing and just add the extra motor amount. All the TeslaBros should have more information by then too, I hope.

Sales guys know nothing. If anything happens it will be an Elon tweet in a few days if ever.

So I called San Jose and got a much better response. Of course they are all trying to push the standard RWD. It does not sound like the LR/RWD will be made any time soon, if at all. The sales staff just learned about this 48hrs ago and expect to have more information next week.

I explained to Christian in SJ that I cannot afford the cost of the second motor AND the 3K increase in FSD. So he said he would check with his sources and get back to me. He said maybe we can find a solution that will make me happy. Lucky for me I have had contact with a person at a higher level in SJ in June to change my tire order then, so they are well aware of this old lady from Salinas who wants her car
before she drops dead!

Reactions: seangoggin