Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called San Jose and got a much better response. Of course they are all trying to push the standard RWD. It does not sound like the LR/RWD will be made any time soon, if at all. The sales staff just learned about this 48hrs ago and expect to have more information next week.

I explained to Christian in SJ that I cannot afford the cost of the second motor AND the 3K increase in FSD. So he said he would check with his sources and get back to me. He said maybe we can find a solution that will make me happy. Lucky for me I have had contact with a person at a higher level in SJ in June to change my tire order then, so they are well aware of this old lady from Salinas who wants her car
before she drops dead!

I certainly hope that you get some solution that makes you happy from Christian in SJ, but it sound to me that he was just more diplomatically saying "cancel and order standard or cancel and order AWD."

The difference in price between the standard and the AWD makes up for what you would have saved on the vaporware LR RWD. The standard range is also premium interior unlike the standard range model 3 with partial premium. Standard range model Y is the exact same car as long range except 1 motor and smaller battery. Please inform us if you get any consideration with your LR RWD order. For me the decision is:
Get standard range and save a lot of money
Get long range and have more range
Keep waiting for what is looking more like vapor-ware.

Think of it like this: The price difference between what we though a LR RWD would cost, $45K and the price of a SR RWD, $42K is enough to buy 3 shares of Tesla stock. Settle for standard range and get 3 shares of tsla, not a bad consolation prize.

Think of it like this: The price difference between what we though a LR RWD would cost, $45K and the price of a SR RWD, $42K is enough to buy 3 shares of Tesla stock. Settle for standard range and get 3 shares of tsla, not a bad consolation prize.

sir the problem is some of us ordered FSD when it was $7K. To change it will cost us $10k now.

sir the problem is some of us ordered FSD when it was $7K. To change it will cost us $10k now.
Sucks for all of us. I put my order in when FSD was $6K. Problem for us is that Tesla does not owe us a car, only our $2.5K back. After that we decide:
Go SR RWD
Go LR RWD
Wait longer for a Tesla surprise
Get a Mach-e

When we put in our order LR RWD with FSD was $55K. Now SR RWD with FSD is $52K. I have to decide if I can live with less range and power or with less money in my pocket.

Reactions: seangoggin
Question - Right now the model 3 and the model Y versions mirror each other....Performance AWD, LR AWD and SR RWD.

Did they ever make a Model 3 LR RWD version and then discontinue it? I am not clear on what happened on the Model 3 with this version. Thanks

I saw a SR Model Y in Rocklin ca today...
thumbnail

Went to Fashion Valley Tesla this morning and they showed they had a bunch of SR MYs in inventory and ready for pick up same day. We were looking at white/white or a red/black and there were multiple at the Carlsbad service center.

Went to Fashion Valley Tesla this morning and they showed they had a bunch of SR MYs in inventory and ready for pick up same day. We were looking at white/white or a red/black and there were multiple at the Carlsbad service center.

Wish we had same day. We ordered from Fashion Valley last Sunday. Picking up our SR MY on Monday