Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you have premium stereo?

Looks like it. The speakers are all working including the two all the way in the back. I can also feel the subwoofer bumping on the back right. Not sure if there’s a way to take a picture to prove it, but happy to try. We also have the premium connectivity for a year.

6531ABAE-BDA0-4922-BB64-1A2F435B91E9.jpeg

Reactions: LV1972
Nice! It may be time to trade in my 7 month old Model Y; just kidding. When Tesla starts shipping Model Y vehicles with the new 4860 battery cells and air suspension I may have to trade.

4680's will be cheaper to produce and give Tesla more profit. Performance to customers should be the same as previous batteries. More ridged frame and air suspension will make a Performance difference.

I’ve had my AWD MY for six months. I waited as long as I could for a single motor MY. The SR would have been perfect. I drove a Bolt for 3 years and never had any issues with the 239 rated mileage. My driving pattern fit nicely.

You know Tesla. Longer you wait. The better they get. So far the heated steering wheel that my wife wants has been added. She thinks SR is not enough range. We are now looking at the LR AWD. I'm sure they'll release the LR RWD as soon as we pull the AWD trigger.

What has been your Wh/m average?

There is no software tweak that will impact range as much as simply driving slower, limiting the use of the climate control heat. Now that the Model Y comes with a heated steering wheel your hands can stay warm while driving further. You don't have to drive 55 MPH but neither do you need to drive at 70 MPH+. The additional range when driving 62 MPH versus 75 MPH is very welcome.

Im wondering if range will improve with software updates in the future.

Me too, I'm hoping they held out on battery buffer to pull an ace out of their sleeve later.

And the comment about driving slower (<70mph) makes no sense. Where I live and most places in North America that I've visited, driving under 70mph in good weather just does not mesh with the flow of traffic. With increasing traffic congestion in cities, we need to get cars to their destination and off the road faster. And everyone needs to be at similar speeds to minimize collisions.

Interesting story that they have decided to not make the LR RWD, you can switch to SR or AWD but keep FSD price.

Tesla cancels Model Y Long Range RWD variant, honors FSD price from pre-order date
Given how sketchy Tesla "salespeople" tend to be historically, I'm not giving up on the LRRWDY just yet. I'm hoping that this is merely the latest half-ass angle being used by some Tesla reps to try to push as many line-waiters as possible into a version they don't want. Much as with my LRRWD3, I value maximum range over paying more for a second motor I don't value. As long as my LRRWD3 keeps doing well, I have no incentive to purchase a Y that is not LRRWD. I agree with you that Q1 is the weakest traditionally for demand; all the more reason it's a great quarter to clear out the LRRWDY line waiters and maybe even offer this version to non line waiters for a spell as well before 'retiring' it...not unlike what they did with the fabled $35k 3.

Given how sketchy Tesla "salespeople" tend to be historically, I'm not giving up on the LRRWDY just yet. I'm hoping that this is merely the latest half-ass angle being used by some Tesla reps to try to push as many line-waiters as possible into a version they don't want. Much as with my LRRWD3, I value maximum range over paying more for a second motor I don't value. As long as my LRRWD3 keeps doing well, I have no incentive to purchase a Y that is not LRRWD. I agree with you that Q1 is the weakest traditionally for demand; all the more reason it's a great quarter to clear out the LRRWDY line waiters and maybe even offer this version to non line waiters for a spell as well before 'retiring' it...not unlike what they did with the fabled $35k 3.

I completely agree, I really like the extra range of my Model 3 LR RWD and I think the model Y version would be great and this would be a great quarter to clear out the existing orders.

I think LR RWD is done. This brings MY offerings in line with Model 3. Kinda sucks that I cancelled my order on January 28th and bought a MY LR AWD just in time for my wife's birthday. It fit our budget when we decided to remove FSD.
Don't think we would have kept FSD at $7K as we are now using a chunk of that savings to paint protect and customize the car.

I think LR RWD is done. This brings MY offerings in line with Model 3. Kinda sucks that I cancelled my order on January 28th and bought a MY LR AWD just in time for my wife's birthday. It fit our budget when we decided to remove FSD.
Don't think we would have kept FSD at $7K as we are now using a chunk of that savings to paint protect and customize the car.

I also think the LR RWD is done. I do not believe the story yet about the cancelation policy, I think we would have heard some more cases or confirmation on the forums. Maybe when Elon returns from his twitter break he will clarify.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I went to the showroom on Wednesday. I had a reservation for a MY LR/RWD with 5K FSD. It took about 5 minutes to switch to an AWD model. Only glitch is the statement shows the cost of the vehicle as $52k and the current price is $49,990. The person I am coordinating with says, that will change shortly. So, if all works out, I'm happy.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I went to the showroom on Wednesday. I had a reservation for a MY LR/RWD with 5K FSD. It took about 5 minutes to switch to an AWD model. Only glitch is the statement shows the cost of the vehicle as $52k and the current price is $49,990. The person I am coordinating with says, that will change shortly. So, if all works out, I'm happy.
Do they let you keep the 5k FSD price ?

Reactions: seangoggin