Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD no longer available in Oz?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order yesterday for an S60 for delivery in June. I went on the site this morning and found that the S60 and S85 can no longer be ordered, so it seems.

There are now three models, all "D" : S70D, S85D, P85D. And here's the kicker - earliest delivery is September (70D) or October for the other two.

Looks like I was really lucky to get my order in for June delivery. Maybe they are taking down hteir production line to configure for the new models? I remember this happened when I bought my current car (a Mini) - as a result of reconfiguring the factory I could not get options like blue metallic paint or the leather seats I wanted.

I placed an order yesterday for an S60 for delivery in June. I went on the site this morning and found that the S60 and S85 can no longer be ordered, so it seems.

There are now three models, all "D" : S70D, S85D, P85D. And here's the kicker - earliest delivery is September (70D) or October for the other two.

Looks like I was really lucky to get my order in for June delivery. Maybe they are taking down hteir production line to configure for the new models? I remember this happened when I bought my current car (a Mini) - as a result of reconfiguring the factory I could not get options like blue metallic paint or the leather seats I wanted.
The 85 (non D) is still there with June delivery.

Ray

There are also some more subtle changes - Supercharging is included with all models now, as is part of the Tech Pack. The other Tech Pack features are now called "Autopilot", which can be ordered with the car or later. In WA it is better to order it separately; it works out cheaper (even though the price is higher) because if you order it later, you don't pay LCT or stamp duty. Saves $500.

- - - Updated - - -

The 85 (non D) is still there with June delivery.

Ray

Ah yes, you're right. They've changed the way it's presented. Before, RWD was the default setting. Now 4WD is the default and when you select "single motor" it subtracts about $ 6k from the price.