Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD order converted to AWD delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a RWD convert and expect to take delivery in September. I decided to call in again today and found that my order was ineligible to be matched. Something in the system still showed my order as RWD so I wouldn't have ever been matched to an AWD. I had called a few weeks ago but they didn't look close enough. They said I would certainly have a car by the end of the month.

If you are a RWD convert and haven't gotten a VIN and haven't heard anything from them, call to make sure your order is eligible.

I'm a RWD convert and expect to take delivery in September. I decided to call in again today and found that my order was ineligible to be matched. Something in the system still showed my order as RWD so I wouldn't have ever been matched to an AWD. I had called a few weeks ago but they didn't look close enough. They said I would certainly have a car by the end of the month.

If you are a RWD convert and haven't gotten a VIN and haven't heard anything from them, call to make sure your order is eligible.

Did you call the Sales Advisor or Delivery Advisor? My Sales Advisor is very positive that the order is set to eligible and I wasn't able to get to the delivery team via chat.

Did you call the Sales Advisor or Delivery Advisor? My Sales Advisor is very positive that the order is set to eligible and I wasn't able to get to the delivery team via chat.
If you haven’t received any text updates about your order ETA, I would try calling your Delivery Center. Online chat said they would remove the hold on my order but never did, I am skeptical to trust them with order updates.

I just called the delivery center and they were able to look up all my info. After he found the problem he called me back a couple hours later to confirm.

I still haven't gotten any delivery messages from Tesla yet, but it's only been a couple days. I'll call again on Friday if I don't hear anything.

If you haven’t received any text updates about your order ETA, I would try calling your Delivery Center. Online chat said they would remove the hold on my order but never did, I am skeptical to trust them with order updates.

I just called the delivery center and they were able to look up all my info. After he found the problem he called me back a couple hours later to confirm.

I still haven't gotten any delivery messages from Tesla yet, but it's only been a couple days. I'll call again on Friday if I don't hear anything.

Thanks! I will try to get in touch with the delivery center.

Thanks! I will try to get in touch with the delivery center.

Talked to the Delivery Center, everything looks good as per the person I spoke to. They expect the delivery to happen before the end of Sep. He told me that the cutoff for Sep delivery is to have your order put in by Sep 10.

Mine is the no-frills $49,990 model, I wonder whether that is the reason it is kept to the last.

Finally got a text from Tesla saying delivery would be in 2-3 weeks. I'm relieved that the order in actually moving forward since the wait is now 10-14 weeks for new orders.

Still waiting.
I no longer can see the 'Estimated Delivery' section in my order details page. Previously it used to show with a '-'

Anyone in the same boat?
Strange my "-" went away and it now says "Estimated Delivery: 3 - 6 weeks from order placed date".

I ordered on 19 August, and received various notifications, including the 2-3 week one. I also received my VIN on 8 September.