Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD will never get Track Mode? Enter the MPP Party Box!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided for now to just slap the largest, cheapest tires I could find to get me through the summer. Went with 255/35/19 Federal 595RS-RR tires on the stock 8.5 rims. They are super cheap, $130 a corner, and have a funky looking tread pattern. Seems about right for a car sporting yellow tentacles, don't ya think?
f0f8a459504344a2b4e4bc2a7ab7b15f-766x1000.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: kbecks13
I decided for now to just slap the largest, cheapest tires I could find to get me through the summer. Went with 255/35/19 Federal 595RS-RR tires on the stock 8.5 rims. They are super cheap, $130 a corner, and have a funky looking tread pattern. Seems about right for a car sporting yellow tentacles, don't ya think?View attachment 384645

Those just look noisy. But yes, those do match the yellow tentacles pretty well.

Also, are they rated for the Tesla? The sticker seems to show a "standard load" vs the tires for the Tesla being rated as XL, right? Or is that size dependent?

Those just look noisy. But yes, those do match the yellow tentacles pretty well.

Also, are they rated for the Tesla? The sticker seems to show a "standard load" vs the tires for the Tesla being rated as XL, right? Or is that size dependent?
That is just a random picture I found to show the tread. The ones I ordered are rated at 1600 lbs a corner. They will be noisy as hell, and not quite as good performance as an RE-71, but for $520 delivered for a set of 200 tread wear tires, I can live with that.

That is just a random picture I found to show the tread. The ones I ordered are rated at 1600 lbs a corner. They will be noisy as hell, and not quite as good performance as an RE-71, but for $520 delivered for a set of 200 tread wear tires, I can live with that.

I had those tires previously on my race car(2500lb Gross), took it off after 3 sessions as the tires are worthless once they get warmed up, IMO

Yup. I went with a set of 245/45R18 Azensis R615K out of a bargain bin, for very similar price and reasons. :) Also have similar noise issues, the tread isn't about "quiet". I kinda like the warm, heavy hum on concrete over short use but I bet it'd wear out its welcome over extended miles.

However it is unclear if they are going to officially make it to summer, and almost certainly not regular street use. I also need to
replace my street tires soon. I'm leaning towards some 235/45R18 PS4S, not sure I'll get the Tesla OEM version with the acoustic foam (which I see places like Tire Rack carrying). It is either than or I cheap out on 235/45R18 Continentals A/S. I forget which one, but there's at least one other thread where someone is trying those out in 245/45R18.

I really have a hard time bringing myself to the MXM4s. Great
tire for range and all, but that's a pretty penny for a tire that starts out short on tread and isn't giving me "summer grip". I haven't personally get the miles out of it that could make that price worthwhile. I know that's me but I'm the one that's driving it.

So I expected these to be noisy, but didn't know just what to expect. Got them installed now and I think the sound can best be compared to driving on top of a turbo prop plane. Sure are nice and grippy though!