TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ryno Motors

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Chgd Up, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Chgd Up

Chgd Up Sig 1004

Met the founder of Ryno Motors today; a very cool one wheeled e-cycle designed and being built in the Portland area. Is it transportation, recreation... V6IrtMRhkEUpzhPkw%3D&url=http%3A%2F%2Frynomotors.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F04%2FRYNO12.jpg What is Ryno?

rynomotors.com
    What is a ? Well, it’s less than a motorcycle (in some ways), but in other ways, it’s so much more. One-wheeled, electric-powered. A machine that has no greater footprint than you do. Capable of operating at speeds up to 10 miles per hour

2. callmesam

callmesam Member

I saw a CNN piece on this company and its founder last year. Very cool Hope that he makes it to production.

3. Chgd Up

Chgd Up Sig 1004

Well I'm not sure what volume of production but they were building the first few cycles. They had just launched reservations in the last few days and had more than 100.

I can say it looks like a lot of fun to ride and is amazingly stable, another tribute to electric power-train.

4. sderrick

sderrick Member

Electric Microcycle

Ryno-LeftFrontAngle_SLIDE_1.jpg

I'd love to see Tesla tackle this!

RYNO Motors

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#5 TEG, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

6. ra-san

ra-san Member

I want to see it brake so hard that the wheel is at its traction limit, without the person face planting. Then I'd be really into it.

7. timf

timf Member

This sounds a lot like a sit-down Segway to me.

8. sderrick

sderrick Member

There is so little news out of Ryno I get the feeling its DOA. Either they ran our of money or they ran into an insurmountable problem...