Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S 100D Audio Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skipdd

Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2015
Silver Spring, MD
I just upgraded from 85D to 100D. Both had upgraded audio package. I did not expect any difference in sound quality, but.. the audio sounds better in the 100D. I usually listen to Slacker. Equalizer settings are the same. Sotware version of car is same. 85D was 3G whereas 100D is LTE, but I'm not sure that would mske a difference. Curious what others have experienced and/or think?

I just upgraded from 85D to 100D. Both had upgraded audio package. I did not expect any difference in sound quality, but.. the audio sounds better in the 100D. I usually listen to Slacker. Equalizer settings are the same. Sotware version of car is same. 85D was 3G whereas 100D is LTE, but I'm not sure that would mske a difference. Curious what others have experienced and/or think?
I upgraded from a 2016 75D to a 2017 100D and felt the exact same way! Tesla definitely seems to have switched UHFS hardware sometime recently.

Reactions: Skipdd
People have sniffed the traffic in the past and the Tesla Slacker app only requests 128 kbps files from the Slacker server. That may have changed recently but I would be skeptical unless I saw some evidence. If you have the ability to monitor your wifi traffic you could always try playing music when at home connected to wifi. 128 kbps files are about 1MB per minute so a typical 3-4 minutes song would be 3-4 MBs. If the files was higher bitrage - which for Slacker is 320 kbps then you would expect each song to be more like 10MB. Or you may be able to monitor traffic using your phone as a wifi hotspot.

My tip, when you are alone turn the volume up to 9 so you will speed up the maturing of the speakers :p

At first the highs are too high but after a couple of days they will sound better, just force them, i use drum & bass, so like +1000bpm and lots of treble and more bass.