Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S 60 D Full Charge Battery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in 2013, Tesla was advertising the S 60 to have an EPA range of 208 miles. Not sure if that's what you were looking for but maybe it's a good start.

1647371757306.png

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
Back in 2013, Tesla was advertising the S 60 to have an EPA range of 208 miles. Not sure if that's what you were looking for but maybe it's a good start.

View attachment 781371

Hi.
Yes. Thanks.
That's what I'm looking for.
At 100 % charge my 2016, S 60 D shows range of 203 miles.
IS that normal?
I'm under the impression that the range was considerably more.
Advertisement of 294 miles fully charged! ??
Tom.

Attachments

• IMG_4386range.jpg
    IMG_4386range.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 54
Hi.
Yes. Thanks.
That's what I'm looking for.
At 100 % charge my 2016, S 60 D shows range of 203 miles.
IS that normal?
I'm under the impression that the range was considerably more.
Advertisement of 294 miles fully charged! ??
Tom.
A 60D was EPA rated at 218 miles when new, not 294.

203 miles for a 5-6 year old car is quite good. Your observation is perfectly normal.

203 at full charge for a 2013 60 D seems pretty good to me.

My 2016 75 with 52K miles only shows 211 at full charge
Thanks !
I will try to live that.
I drive approximately 75 miles round trip daily.
My 60 kw battery, divided by 203 miles of battery range, gives me approximately 295.5 watts per mile.
That's hard to do for me as I drive highway and urban.
My real life/world, watts per mile, averages 400 w/m on the high end and 350 w/m on the low end.
So, consequently, I tend to use up my battery life rather quickly.
Tom.

Is there any way of improving the range from 203 miles?

A 2016 60D is actually a ~75kwh battery software locked to ~60kwh. Tesla used to sell an unlock for ~$2,000, there is some question as to whether or not they still offer it. There is a part number in this thread that you might ask your service center for if you're interested in pursuing.

BATTERY UPGRADE, 60kWh to 75 kWh, MS(1091845-06-A)

Lights, heater, wipers, some times!
In winter temperatures at those speeds and with the heat on your consumption sounds about right.

In warmer temps without running the heater that figure would probably be closer to 300 wh/mile.

Sounds like the real issue is that you thought you were buying a car with nearly 300 miles of range but it’s actually (always was) a car with about 200 miles of range.

Use the seat heaters more and set the cabin heat lower and that will help, but there’s ultimately no getting around the car’s limits unless you can get Tesla to unlock the battery’s extra capacity.

Is there any way of improving the range from 203 miles?
Tires. Pump it up to at least what the door says. I'd go 3 psi higher, but you're trading ride quality for slightly (if any) improved range. Switching to a low rolling resistance tire will also help, but you trade braking distance and cornering grip(?).

And don't carry any unnecessary weight - empty out the frunk and trunk. It's why a lot of new cars don't have spare tires.

If you don't mind aesthetics, tape up the body gaps.

I have a 12/2016 60D. I have 201-203 (depending on the day). Nice thing is you can charge to 100% without really worrying so it’s all usable. I get 95-100+% efficiency in mild to hot weather. But winter is rough, only 60-70% (with minimal heat).

I drive about 700-800 miles a week. And it’s been plenty for me (I have daily driven it for 10 months now). I don’t normally drive more than 130 a day (but I only ever supercharge is I want to just save on electricity - since it’s free)