Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed the order for my 60D with premium seats back on December 26th. I was uncertain what would arrive since Tesla discontinued the perforated seats between the time I placed the order and took delivery. I had inquired and nobody could tell me for sure what I should expect. I took delivery on Friday and was happy to see that the Ultra White Seats were indeed perforated.

Reading the forums it seems that people have strong opinions on perforated vs non-perforated. I think the perforated ultra white seats look nicer and feel much softer to sit in than the other options. The perforated seats have a black pinstripe line that ties the seats together with the black interior nicer that the non-perforated ultra white seats.

Overall I'm feeling fortunate I got the seating I wanted in the limited window which it was available. Wondering if there are those that felt dissapointed when their order showed up with perforated seats and would have preferred the non-perforated.
IMG_6414.JPG
IMG_6415.JPG

We're waiting to pick up our MS (black perf PUP ordered) and glad to hear that is what you got as we were happy to order perf for the same reasons as you. I like that small black trim detail on yours. Very classy. I think I saw that same black on white seating in a photo of either a P85D or maybe it was on an MX just yesterday while looking through threads here. I'm assuming ours will be all black (all black interior with black CF decor). Thanks for the photos of your seats!

BTW I read there were some issues with leather tearing on the perf leather. Came across an article Elon was quoted in in one of the tech online mags just last night and he acknowledged there was an early issue but they added some backing to the leather and made it stronger to resolve the issue. So I'm trusting that won't be a concern for us.

Last edited:
I placed the order for my 60D with premium seats back on December 26th. I was uncertain what would arrive since Tesla discontinued the perforated seats between the time I placed the order and took delivery. I had inquired and nobody could tell me for sure what I should expect. I took delivery on Friday and was happy to see that the Ultra White Seats were indeed perforated.

Reading the forums it seems that people have strong opinions on perforated vs non-perforated. I think the perforated ultra white seats look nicer and feel much softer to sit in than the other options. The perforated seats have a black pinstripe line that ties the seats together with the black interior nicer that the non-perforated ultra white seats.

Overall I'm feeling fortunate I got the seating I wanted in the limited window which it was available. Wondering if there are those that felt dissapointed when their order showed up with perforated seats and would have preferred the non-perforated.
View attachment 218153 View attachment 218154

Is your VIN number between 40,000 to 42,500? I am trying to find out how Tesla handled transition from perforated to non-perforated seats. When I ordered MX-75 with 7-seater in mid Feb-2017, I had seen Perforated verbiage in the configuration page detail online, but when I received MX in April-2017, it came with regular white with matt back (NOT perforated white seats with black piping-trim and without a Glossy dark black plastic liner behind each seat). I am disappointed with Tesla’s abrupt change and want to know the experience of other Tesla MX and S owners.