Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S accessories in Seattle: tires/wheels, chains, heat shields, mats, paint repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
I recently turned in my leased S; here is what I still have lying around. Most priced about half of new. I am obviously more interested in local sales (I live in Issaquah), but if somebody far away wants something, let me know and we'll see about shipping.

Winter wheels with good tires - $1,250. They are a square set of 19" "split spoke" wheels. These are a little older and have a little rash, but nothing serious. The tires are Tesla's Sottozero 3 "performance winter" tires, size 245/45R19. Despite the winter name (which means they don't turn in to blocks at low temperatures), Tire Rack test results show they work pretty well year-round; my wife had a set and used them that way. This set came from my P90DL; I had a 21" summer set so this was a winter set I had put on just for last season. They didn't get used much, so they have 8/32" tread at all measurements (inside, center, outside on all four tires). Here is a picture of the wheels:

Split spoke wheels.jpg

And HERE are the tires on Tesla's web site - ignore the wheels, obviously.

I also have a set of unused (though I did try them on) snow chains for these tires. $43. They were Tesla's recommended chains for the Model S before they started selling the far more expensive Trak system. HERE is a detailed thread that talks about them; note there is a lot of confusion in the thread about whether they could be used on the front or not; Tesla didn't say at first, then said they could, but they didn't seem to fit on the fronts and Tesla finally clarified that they are for the rear wheels only.

I also have some Lloyd's Ultimat floor mats. In "100 Black". I have the long mat for the rear seats, and the large rear cargo mat, and a small mat for the rear trunk well also (though it's a Lloyd's Velourtex in "Charcoal"). $131 for the rear floor mat and both rear cargo mats. We rarely had rear passengers, and used a blanket with any messy cargo, so those mats are in great shape. The lower cargo mat had some indentations from an emergency kit I stored back there. Note I didn't include front mats, because I am re-using the Lloyd's top-of-the-line Luxe front mats in my Model 3; but if you want a one-stop-shopping full mat set, I can include those for $90 additional.

Heat shields, $40. Three shields: one for the front windshield, one for the pano roof over the front seats, and one for the glass roof over the rear seats (the last two come as a set). I love these and have ordered more for our other cars - they fit great, and both reflect and insulate. They are great at keeping heat out (like when you are at a Supercharger), or in if you are camping in the car.

Dr Colorchip paint repair kit for Metallic Black. $15. Tesla re-sells a variant of this kit for $55. This kit has been used, but it looks like more than half of it is left.

Last edited:
Here's an actual pic of the wheels and tires. Yeah, they are filthy and I didn't wash them - my laziness won out over my good intentions once again.

20180916_174123.jpg

Here are the floormats - I did manage to vacuum them:
20180916_174844_HDR.jpg

And here's everything else:

20180916_175233.jpg

Last edited:
I recently turned in my leased S; here is what I still have lying around. Most priced about half of new. I am obviously more interested in local sales (I live in Issaquah), but if somebody far away wants something, let me know and we'll see about shipping.

Winter wheels with good tires - $1,250. They are a square set of 19" "split spoke" wheels. These are a little older and have a little rash, but nothing serious. The tires are Tesla's Sottozero 3 "performance winter" tires, size 245/45R19. Despite the winter name (which means they don't turn in to blocks at low temperatures), Tire Rack test results show they work pretty well year-round; my wife had a set and used them that way. This set came from my P90DL; I had a 21" summer set so this was a winter set I had put on just for last season. They didn't get used much, so they have 8/32" tread at all measurements (inside, center, outside on all four tires). Here is a picture of the wheels:

View attachment 335589

And HERE are the tires on Tesla's web site - ignore the wheels, obviously.

I also have a set of unused (though I did try them on) snow chains for these tires. $43. They were Tesla's recommended chains for the Model S before they started selling the far more expensive Trak system. HERE is a detailed thread that talks about them; note there is a lot of confusion in the thread about whether they could be used on the front or not; Tesla didn't say at first, then said they could, but they didn't seem to fit on the fronts and Tesla finally clarified that they are for the rear wheels only.

I also have some Lloyd's Ultimat floor mats. In "100 Black". I have the long mat for the rear seats, and the large rear cargo mat, and a small mat for the rear trunk well also (though it's a Lloyd's Velourtex in "Charcoal"). $131 for the rear floor mat and both rear cargo mats. We rarely had rear passengers, and used a blanket with any messy cargo, so those mats are in great shape. The lower cargo mat had some indentations from an emergency kit I stored back there. Note I didn't include front mats, because I am re-using the Lloyd's top-of-the-line Luxe front mats in my Model 3; but if you want a one-stop-shopping full mat set, I can include those for $90 additional.

Heat shields, $40. Three shields: one for the front windshield, one for the pano roof over the front seats, and one for the glass roof over the rear seats (the last two come as a set). I love these and have ordered more for our other cars - they fit great, and both reflect and insulate. They are great at keeping heat out (like when you are at a Supercharger), or in if you are camping in the car.

Dr Colorchip paint repair kit for Metallic Black. $15. Tesla re-sells a variant of this kit for $55. This kit has been used, but it looks like more than half of it is left.