Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S Continues to lock-up will not roll. Driveline or Brakes? Service will do nothing!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parking any normal car in my flat garage, I never applied the parking brake, as normal cars have a parking gear which would hold the car in place. Since the Tesla is primarily held in Park by the automatically applied Parking Brake, this seizing of the pads to the rotors after being wet is much more common and noticeable. As long as the brakes release, it really should not cause any problems, although it can be violent sounding at times.

Parking any normal car in my flat garage, I never applied the parking brake, as normal cars have a parking gear which would hold the car in place. Since the Tesla is primarily held in Park by the automatically applied Parking Brake, this seizing of the pads to the rotors after being wet is much more common and noticeable. As long as the brakes release, it really should not cause any problems, although it can be violent sounding at times.
Seems like the stress on the drive line is significant when forced. This is really to bad, we love the car really enjoy driving it. Something we thought we would never see in our lifetime. My wife is afraid shes going to cause an accident, Im going to try some of these suggestions on the feed. Hopefully I can rebuild her confidence a bit!

Seems like the stress on the drive line is significant when forced. This is really to bad, we love the car really enjoy driving it. Something we thought we would never see in our lifetime. My wife is afraid shes going to cause an accident, Im going to try some of these suggestions on the feed. Hopefully I can rebuild her confidence a bit!
The noise is really jarring, but it’s not a big deal. It isn’t gonna hurt anything.