Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S for sale 2016 2000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok let's do 95000
Sorry to be so uninformed about the Tesla's values I'm just an average guy in Phoenix Arizona trying to help the family Liquidator Tesla I should have done my homework as you have please make an offer and help some people get their cash out of this car they have no use for brand new 2016 2000 miles what is your offer

• Disagree
Reactions: Ashkenaz
Ok let's do 95000
Sorry to be so uninformed about the Tesla's values I'm just an average guy in Phoenix Arizona trying to help the family Liquidator Tesla I should have done my homework as you have please make an offer and help some people get their cash out of this car they have no use for brand new 2016 2000 miles what is your offer

What you should be doing is going to your local Tesla store or service center and asking them about the cars worth and options, not going by what people on the internet tell you.

Ok let's do 95000
while your intentions might be good, you are going about this very poorly.
you've offered very little info for people to go on. there is a very limited list of options the car could have, and you haven't noted one.
you haven't even noted what color the exterior or interior is or posted a pic of the car. I wish you well but this isn't going to work well for you unless you make more than this minimal effort to sell a very expensive car.

Reactions: Ashkenaz
Thank you gentlemen for your help it is inspiring me to do more like get photos and try to figure out how to post them on this site and also get a list of the options I just became the seller of these items yesterday 12 cars 1 boat 3 motorcycles and one house

Jeff, sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm sure his family is grateful for your help. Somewhere there is a document called the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). The options the car has will be at the top of that document. If the family knows his password to the Teslamotors.com website it is available through that also. The MVPA will also list the price.

When a person buys a new Tesla he can claim a $7500 federal tax credit when he files his taxes next year, so you will want to keep that in mind when you think about your asking price. You will be competing with people who could buy a new one and get that credit.

Thank you for your help I'll be looking for that document tomorrow

Recommend calling Tesla directly both for copies of useful paperwork as well as for local Service Center contacts.

Collectively, note as well there is a tesla.com/forum as well, to which all owners and reservation holders have access by default.

As well, given the volume of assets now under your purview, you may want to consider professional assistance - estate and auction folks - as you may get interest in the entire package that way. Doesn't hurt to ask, in any case.

Good luck.

If you visit the local service center (with evidence of who you are and the owner) and explain the situation you can
  • Ask for a copy of the mvpa
  • Ask Tesla what they would buy the car back for
Tesla has a good idea what new cars are actually worth (they sell many exdemo cars etc) and sell their used cars with a low buy/ask spread. I suspect they will give you more than others will.
Fair price is likely mvpa price minus $7500 fed minus $1 per mile minus $500/month minus $3k cost of sell/buy minus perhaps something for sales tax things.

Make sure the appropriate accountant knows about the car purchase in the hope of getting the $7500 from federal government.

Make sure the appropriate accountant knows about the car purchase in the hope of getting the $7500 from federal government.[/QUOTE]

I just want to emphasize cantdecide's last sentence. The family will be entitled to a $7,500 rebate from the federal government because of the Tesla purchase this year. It is most important that they are aware of this and that they follow through at the time that they fill out their taxes.

Make sure the appropriate accountant knows about the car purchase in the hope of getting the $7500 from federal government.

I just want to emphasize cantdecide's last sentence. The family will be entitled to a $7,500 rebate from the federal government because of the Tesla purchase this year. It is most important that they are aware of this and that they follow through at the time that they fill out their taxes.

This makes sense: you can discount the cost of the slightly used car by a further $7,500 since the estate will be getting $7,500 tax owed deduction, if they owed that much taxes for this FY (so dependent on their EOFY tax bill, of course). This additional $7,500 will make the car more worth it to buyers and give you the same amount of money as you thought you were going to get before you knew all this.