Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S Plaid Amplifier....Where Is It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upgrading the stock amp to Light Harmonic. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is it under the dash or in the trunk? I can't find any helpful information anywhere for this particular model.

I would suspect with a fair amount of certainty your LH amp designed for the pre-refresh UHFS will NOT work on the refresh cars. Totally different sound system, completely redesigned from the ground up on the refresh cars.

I would suspect with a fair amount of certainty your LH amp designed for the pre-refresh UHFS will NOT work on the refresh cars. Totally different sound system, completely redesigned from the ground up on the refresh cars.
Oh WOW! Do you have a link on its specs and where to buy? I was one of their 1st customers for the UHFS version, and was very pleased with it, although their customer service, sucked. I would still be interested in the AMP for the Refresh cars! TIA

Well, I just got a response (well sort of). I emailed my concern that someone overlooked the fact that I initially stated I was ordering for a 2021 Plaid. Rather than a written reply I simply received a return label.

So answer the OP question for everyone the amp is in the right rear quarter.
Credit to Munro for the info

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 10.09.15 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: okusa and WilliamG
Curious about the plug on the amp. The amp itself, Shape wise it looks similar to before, so if the plug remained the same you could maybe try the amp. Location may be easier to access, my 100D had the screw heads holding the amp facing toward the outside of the car so it was impossible to remove.

Reactions: Muzzman1
Curious about the plug on the amp. The amp itself, Shape wise it looks similar to before, so if the plug remained the same you could maybe try the amp. Location may be easier to access, my 100D had the screw heads holding the amp facing toward the outside of the car so it was impossible to remove.
I suspect the new amp is different than the old since it was a ground up redesign by Tesla, rather than the "sinn", "simm" (sp) designed system that went into the pre-refresh cars. Plus this amp might be all of the 960w? Who knows!
It would be REALLY cool to have another drop in replacement with double the stock power. More powerful amplifier will ALWAYS make any sound system sound better., especially at lower volumes.