Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S plaid rear console, screen, air con isnt working after 2022.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Klyde99

Stealth.Plaid
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2021
Toronto, Canada
After updated to 2022.36.1 then 2022.36.2 within the same day yesterday, rear screen and air con isnt working, any fix? I think the software disabled the rear console. Did double buttons reset, power off etc, nothing works so far and I don't think its any hardware related that requires service or replacement, was working perfectly prior to this software update. Model S Plaid 2022.

IMG_0107.JPG

Are you able to turn on the Aircon/fan to the rear from the main front screen? Or are all functions to the rear fully disabled?
UI wise yes i can turn it on and off and adjust the fan speed from the front screen, but nothing comes out at the rear console, no a/c and fan regardless of the setting in the front panel.

Upvote 0
UI wise yes i can turn it on and off and adjust the fan speed from the front screen, but nothing comes out at the rear console, no a/c and fan regardless of the setting in the front panel.

Kind of unreal, isn’t it? These cars are what they appear to be, unfortunately.

Got vibration? Check. Got 🐝 🐝? check. Lost AC control in rear? check. Qualify for FSD beta as told by Elon, but didn’t recieve it? Check… and on an on….

Upvote 0
Can you guys get into service mode and reupdate latest firmware?

You can get there by..
1. Go into SOFTWARE menu
2. Hold MODEL X or MODEL S for few seconds, then "please enter access code" window will pop up, enter SERVICE, hit OK, then Enable.
3. On main screen, hit software reinstall, then Reinstall again.

Hopefully this fixes it..

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR CAR BLOWS UP..

Attachments

• 20221009_073542.jpg
    20221009_073542.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

You can get there by..
1. Go into SOFTWARE menu
2. Hold MODEL X or MODEL S for few seconds, then "please enter access code" window will pop up, enter SERVICE, hit OK, then Enable.

The last word really makes me hesitate to do that! Scary,,, 👻

• Funny
Reactions: muzhik
Upvote 0

You can get there by..
1. Go into SOFTWARE menu

did you try reinstalling it? If so did it solve the problem? your attached pic also seems to be on 36.2, so your rear console didnt work as well i assume?

Upvote 0

You can get there by..
1. Go into SOFTWARE menu

IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG

After reinstall without blowing up, seems like the screen is showing a T logo, thats it, probably taking longer to load up the rear console stuff? Weird. Just gonna leave it charge overnight and let the car sleep and see if it turns back to normal tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!

• Informative
Reactions: muzhik
Upvote 0
Kind of unreal, isn’t it? These cars are what they appear to be, unfortunately.

Got vibration? Check. Got 🐝 🐝? check. Lost AC control in rear? check. Qualify for FSD beta as told by Elon, but didn’t recieve it? Check… and on an on….
I probably wanna stay with standard updates than advance updates, as for vibration on 40-55mph i think thats just some wheel balancing issue which I will schedule with a shop nearby to get it check, also planning to replace the oem arms anyway and re-align the wheels in the process. Buzzing was lame tbh, but thats just tesla, they are ahead and i like the driving experience, quality is just luck of the draw imo, some batches are ok, some are worst, no one knows.

Reactions: jebinc
Upvote 0