Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S plaid rear console, screen, air con isnt working after 2022.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Klyde99

Stealth.Plaid
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2021
Toronto, Canada
After updated to 2022.36.1 then 2022.36.2 within the same day yesterday, rear screen and air con isnt working, any fix? I think the software disabled the rear console. Did double buttons reset, power off etc, nothing works so far and I don't think its any hardware related that requires service or replacement, was working perfectly prior to this software update. Model S Plaid 2022.

IMG_0107.JPG

The 2022.36.2 update broke the rear screen and A/C on my 2022 Model X. Not happy about this at all. I hope they will release a patch shortly.
Don't think its gonna be quick since some refreshed S and X doesnt have this issue, unless most of those car has the same issues as us, i dont see a quick-fix over the air software update will be releasing soon unfortunately imo.

Upvote 0
@muzhik rear screen and ac still not working, is there a way to re-install / downgrade to previous software versions to your knowledge? Thanks.
no way to downgrade :( I pushed Tesla hard on this when they introduced the buzzing sound with 2022.24.6.

I would suggest to not do anything and let Tesla deal with it, last thing you want is them to use your service re-install attempt against you because they are great at BS excuses. Keep us posted.

Reactions: VikH and Klyde99
Upvote 0
Did you change any of your settings? Mine is still dead.
no, but when i got into the car my front AC is set to low, maybe try setting your AC from front panel to low, basically tap left arrow on the driver side climate adjust to reduce the temperature to LO, exit the car, leave it to sleep a bit then come back in to wake up the car see if that reset the rear console?

Upvote 0
Did you change any of your settings? Mine is still dead.
rear console still not working? Maybe try what i did, load up youtube in the car, watch couple of videos, set to fullscreen etc, use the swipe down to dismiss youtube, relaunch it again, use the left swipe to pull out controls while youtube is on in front screen, somehow mine came back after i did some of those stuff which i normally do when my son is watching youtube in the car. I suspect this update or the previous ones that introduced the overlay somehow glitched the rear console, because entertainment like youtube supposed to play on the rear screen as well.

Upvote 0