Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S-to-Roadster Adapter "The Can SR" - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S-to-Roadster Adapter "The Can SR"

Model S to Roadster adapter. Only used a couple of times before parting with the Roadster.

List Date: 1/23/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: S-to-Roadster Adapter "The Can SR"
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

f46f3d81-e08f-434f-b932-93136cae069f.JPG

Hello

I'd have a little question regarding this S-to-Roadster adapter.

Can you use it on a supercharger or is it intenden to use with home wallboxes only ?

Best regards :)

The Roadster is not compatible with Tesla's Superchargers. Check out quickchargepower website for a possible aftermarket Chademo adapter for DC charging.

This Adapter is for the North America (and Japan) specific Model S HPWC and UMC AC charging stations. It will be of no use in Europe.

However, hsharp, here on this forum, is now offering a version that works with the European Type 2 plug. I allows up to 64 Amp single phase charging from a 3-phase AC station, and also works with common 32 A and 16A Type 2 charging stations. In France you may also be able to use a Type 3 to Type 2 charging cable to charge your Roadster from type 3 charging stations.

GSP

The Roadster is not compatible with Tesla's Superchargers. Check out quickchargepower website for a possible aftermarket Chademo adapter for DC charging.

This Adapter is for the North America (and Japan) specific Model S HPWC and UMC AC charging stations. It will be of no use in Europe.

However, hsharp, here on this forum, is now offering a version that works with the European Type 2 plug. I allows up to 64 Amp single phase charging from a 3-phase AC station, and also works with common 32 A and 16A Type 2 charging stations. In France you may also be able to use a Type 3 to Type 2 charging cable to charge your Roadster from type 3 charging stations.

GSP

Good morning GSP

Thanks for this complete answer, I'll order a type 2 can to hsharp :)

Best regards and have a nice day :D