TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

S-to-Roadster Adapter "The Can SR" - SOLD

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Fluke, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Fluke

Fluke Member

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Fluke, you sold / traded in your Roadster? I thought you were inline for the upgraded battery pack?

3. Fluke

Fluke Member

I wound up selling the Roadster and getting a MS P85D last spring. I was not really in need of an upgraded battery on the Roadster since the battery was still in good shape.

4. Rolf68

Rolf68 Member

Hello

I'd have a little question regarding this S-to-Roadster adapter.

Can you use it on a supercharger or is it intenden to use with home wallboxes only ?

Best regards :)

5. GSP

GSP Member

The Roadster is not compatible with Tesla's Superchargers. Check out quickchargepower website for a possible aftermarket Chademo adapter for DC charging.

This Adapter is for the North America (and Japan) specific Model S HPWC and UMC AC charging stations. It will be of no use in Europe.

However, hsharp, here on this forum, is now offering a version that works with the European Type 2 plug. I allows up to 64 Amp single phase charging from a 3-phase AC station, and also works with common 32 A and 16A Type 2 charging stations. In France you may also be able to use a Type 3 to Type 2 charging cable to charge your Roadster from type 3 charging stations.

GSP

6. Rolf68

Rolf68 Member

Good morning GSP

Thanks for this complete answer, I'll order a type 2 can to hsharp :)

Best regards and have a nice day :D