Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S VS X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tollis

Tesla model S <3
Aug 20, 2018
Sweden
Still planning set up a budget to finally starting saving money for a Tesla
But I love both S and X.

I wanted to know witch one is best to start with?

I bet both of them are good so maybe you guys also had problems choosing your Tesla

Depends on usage, family situation and preferences. A few differences include:
1. X is more expensive
2. S is more stylish--classic sedan style
3. X more robust, more roomy, SUV design--up to seven seats for family. Three seating options. Much more storage though S is not bad.
4. X suits big men better. I'm 6'6"--note my name. Tons of head and leg room.
5. X has Falcon Wing Doors - cool wow factor
6. X has self-presenting doors--driver door opens automatically as you get close to car--closes when you step on brake.
7. S is faster though X is no slouch.
8. I suspect S is easier to park and fit in tight garage.
9. S has slightly more range
10. X is a later design--may be more refined? Probably some debate here.
11. X has massive panoramic front window standard. Another wow factor.
12. X now comes with towing package. Nothing for S related to towing.

Though single, my size dictated the X. I have used MS as loaners and could not wait to get my MX back. Most X owners are rabid in their choice. I suspect more S owners than X owners will be tempted by the M3. Advice--go to Tesla showroom and try both out.

Reactions: Tollis
Tesla selection often comes down to the size of yourself and your family.

Roadster mostly for solo drivers.
Model 3 for couples with perhaps one child. Nimble in the city. Best for smaller people. Low weight and efficient design gives it the longest range.

Model S for couples with more than on child. More space and remarkable hatch back design to hold much more stuff, and perhaps up to 7 seats. Most think it is the most beautiful of all the Tesla.

Model X if you are a large person or have a bad back. Better visability than any of the others. Comes with a hitch for towing. Falcon wing doors make it easier to load child seats and older Grandparents. Also best for a large dog or hauling stuff.
X is also the least expensive if you can take tax advantage of owning a small, profitable business.

These are general guidelines. Usually a short demo ride will make the right Tesla for you pretty easy to choose.

To make things more complicated you also can buy used, CPO, demo, etc. to fit many budgets.

Tesla selection often comes down to the size of yourself and your family.

Roadster mostly for solo drivers.
Model 3 for couples with perhaps one child. Nimble in the city. Best for smaller people. Low weight and efficient design gives it the longest range.

Model S for couples with more than on child. More space and remarkable hatch back design to hold much more stuff, and perhaps up to 7 seats. Most think it is the most beautiful of all the Tesla.

Model X if you are a large person or have a bad back. Better visability than any of the others. Comes with a hitch for towing. Falcon wing doors make it easier to load child seats and older Grandparents. Also best for a large dog or hauling stuff.
X is also the least expensive if you can take tax advantage of owning a small, profitable business.

These are general guidelines. Usually a short demo ride will make the right Tesla for you pretty easy to choose.

To make things more complicated you also can buy used, CPO, demo, etc. to fit many budgets.

Can short people even drive a X? I’m short XD damn

3. X more robust, more roomy, SUV design--up to seven seats for family. Three seating options. Much more storage though S is not bad.
4. X suits big men better. I'm 6'6"--note my name. Tons of head and leg room.
8. I suspect S is easier to park and fit in tight garage.
9. S has slightly more range
10. X is a later design--may be more refined? Probably some debate here.
12. X now comes with towing package. Nothing for S related to towing.

I suspect more S owners than X owners will be tempted by the M3. Advice--go to Tesla showroom and try both out.

OK, I'm only 6' 5", but I found that most people bend, and I like the S a lot LOT more than driving my daughter's X. That may be personal preference, but, yes, I agree, try them both out. Even if you're tall.

The 3 is a great car (note I have both) but it is definitely the cheaper of the two. And the Model Y is coming.

• Informative