Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Owner: Multiple Priority Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know someone that currently has an early Model S and placed a reservation for the Model 3 in January this year. He took delivery 3 weeks ago. Now he wants to buy another Model 3 but his new reservation estimate shows Late 2018 meaning it didn't get the same priority as his first reservation.

Now, I know Tesla said you only get one priority reservation for each Model S/X you own but I've read multiple reports of people with only one S/X who ended up with 2 Model 3s and someone who even has 3 of them. What's the process for this? Did they just get lucky or is there a number he needs to call? He tried calling the Sales Support number but they mentioned the same "only one priority reservation per S/X". Would it help if he transferred his current Model 3 into a new Tesla account? It's already been 3 weeks since that reservation was placed.

(Yes, I'm trying to reserve through his account. I wanted to buy a reservation from someone else but my soon-to-be wife won't let me do so if this is a viable option. We want to see if this option is a dead-end so we can move forward with buying it from someone else.)

I just made 2nd after taking to the oa that sold us the x. He told me to reserve one for my brother, since my brother not an owner.
Nothing special, even though I let people drive our x and 3, no ones ever used my referral code, so probably low on Tesla’s special list.

I know someone that currently has an early Model S and placed a reservation for the Model 3 in January this year. He took delivery 3 weeks ago. Now he wants to buy another Model 3 but his new reservation estimate shows Late 2018 meaning it didn't get the same priority as his first reservation.

Now, I know Tesla said you only get one priority reservation for each Model S/X you own but I've read multiple reports of people with only one S/X who ended up with 2 Model 3s and someone who even has 3 of them. What's the process for this? Did they just get lucky or is there a number he needs to call? He tried calling the Sales Support number but they mentioned the same "only one priority reservation per S/X". Would it help if he transferred his current Model 3 into a new Tesla account? It's already been 3 weeks since that reservation was placed.

(Yes, I'm trying to reserve through his account. I wanted to buy a reservation from someone else but my soon-to-be wife won't let me do so if this is a viable option. We want to see if this option is a dead-end so we can move forward with buying it from someone else.)

Any update on this? Did your friend get moved up from late 2018?

I am in the same boat as him. I am a model S owner and also a first day reservation holder and my model 3 is currently being built. I want to reserve another one now so I'm curious what the timeline would be.

Any update on this? Did your friend get moved up from late 2018?

I am in the same boat as him. I am a model S owner and also a first day reservation holder and my model 3 is currently being built. I want to reserve another one now so I'm curious what the timeline would be.
Nope. It's been over one month and it has not been granted priority. He contacted Tesla through multiple phone numbers and emails and they told him he could only get one priority reservation for each Model S/X.

Nope. It's been over one month and it has not been granted priority. He contacted Tesla through multiple phone numbers and emails and they told him he could only get one priority reservation for each Model S/X.

Can you ask your friend to check his account? For my model 3, I was just checking my Tesla account everyday and I got the configuration page in mid January. I didn't get the email until mid February, weird.

Maybe he can already configure?

This is what happened - I have multiple configuration invites.
After most of the current owners of S and X were invited to configure, there was a period of time where any owner could configure any number of times (each required a 1k deposit). Somewhere it was mentioned a certain date until which this was allowed - mid February sometime. So, if you were an owner of an S or X and made a deposit before mid February, you received configuration notices for an unlimited number of reservations. Now, it's back to waiting in line with everyone else it seems.

This is what happened - I have multiple configuration invites.
After most of the current owners of S and X were invited to configure, there was a period of time where any owner could configure any number of times (each required a 1k deposit). Somewhere it was mentioned a certain date until which this was allowed - mid February sometime. So, if you were an owner of an S or X and made a deposit before mid February, you received configuration notices for an unlimited number of reservations. Now, it's back to waiting in line with everyone else it seems.

That makes sense because in mid-Fed they were still only letting Model S/X owners configure. When they opened it up to non Tesla owners in late Feb, maybe that's when any new reservations would now go to the back of the line?

I posted on this in another thread... barely ANY invites went out in the last 3 weeks... the site still says it and new invites even get an emailing saying it, I personally believe they would have removed that verbiage from allover the site if it wasn't true.. it's very promiment and I doubt they would want to make current owners un-happy that way. I think 1) there was a huge lag in new invites for weeks and 2) where you live effects when you get an invite. I think we need to wait a few more weeks to confirm new owners are bumped to the back. I don't think they are but I also don't think they are all going to get invites tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Sandiegodoug