TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

S/X owner place reservation today

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by highedu, Jul 30, 2017.

1. highedu

highedu Member

Question: I am a California owner of both an S and X with no model 3 reservation.

If I place an order today will it give me any type of priority?

2. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

you should try it and let us know. I'm sure lots of people will be curious. The $1000 deposit is fully refundable, so no risk to you.

3. Troy

Troy Active Member

Yes, you should have priority. Can you post a screenshot of your Model 3 delivery estimate on Tesla.com?

4. Paladin732

Paladin732 Member

Yes it will.

We placed our reservation a month ago, estimate is oct--dec 2017 for first production.

We are in Bay area for reference.

• Informative x 1
  5. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Bay Area + owner = oct-dec 2017 pretty consistently. I'm a little further out (Sacramento area) but am seeing the same estimate, which I attribute to reserving on Mar 31.

6. highedu

highedu Member

Let me try and see what it says

7. gldfld

gldfld Member

What happened, I'm kind of in the same boat.

8. gldfld

gldfld Member

We live in Southern Cal, and owner's of an S model. Our order was placed July 31st, and our estimate is April - June 2017, seems like it should be a little sooner.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Did you mean 2018, not 2017 ?!

• Like x 1
  10. Sully's8

Sully's8 Member

I'm an S owner in Chicago, made a Model 3 reservation last month. . .also says October-December 2017 for rear wheel drive loaded. I'm waiting for AWD for obvious reasons and My Tesla is saying next fall for AWD.

11. gldfld

gldfld Member

sorry 2018

12. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

We placed our order for our M3 at the showroom this past Sunday, and last night I had hubby check the status on his MyTelsa. I tried checking but wasn't able to see any status even though Tesla has our two user accounts linked in the app (in fact on app said no car had been ordered yet--which alarmed me). Hubby however could see it on his app when he logged in and All 3 options showed delivery of Late 2018. This was a surprise to us since we are MS owners and were told we'd be given priority after the employees.

Emailed Tesla about why I couldn't see our order. It turned out they said there was some kind of glitch in the software that happened on occasion; and when my husband placed the order using his account, the system instead created 2 accounts--one with the MS and one with only the M3 showing. So basically it treated us like we didn't have a MS already and didn't give us the different priority. The Tesla CS person submitted a request to have the new account combined with our existing MS account and once done I should be able to check status from my end and we should see the delivery estimates change.

Thinking we'll be opting for the First Production as it will be replacing a 16 year old vehicle that I'm not sure how much longer I'll have and really don't want to put more money into. Ideally would love to wait for the AWD version.

13. kev1n

kev1n Member

any new info on this? i also made a reservation yesterday and it lists late 2018 for all 3 options

14. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

#14 SMAlset, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    We did a followup call to our original contact at Tesla maybe a week ago after we noticed that there wasn't any change in the Estimator even after hubby's account got corrected to now show both our current S and the reserved M3 together. The rep checked the account for us and said it is reflected correctly in their database now. He commented several times that the Estimator shouldn't be relied on but suffice it to say we are moved up to the owner priority list from the non-Tesla owner list and he assured us we will be getting our email when owners get contacted (probably way down the list since we only put in a reservation in August).

I would have felt better with a timeframe in mind but he wouldn't commit to a new range of dates for us. Honestly I don't think they know when that will be yet. So much depends on the rest of the employees and then owner orders and how many of them might hold off for a later date car. There's also cancellations and more owner orders coming in. Plus as Elon said any manufacturing issues that come into play. Honestly I'm not even sure which version of the LR M3 we'd order yet. So that's where our situation stands. Figure either my old car will hold out until we get delivery or we might be down to one car for a while. Definitely won't be looking at another EV manufacturer though and will hold out hope the current car lasts until it gets replaced.