Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 60 60.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3/2022 build has these 4 open connectors behind the screen (left one is hidden and its a 3-wire purple,green,black). Does anyone know what they are for? Perhaps they are for the missing ambient strip lights or perhaps for the screen tilt controller/motors?
View attachment 801113
Tell me more about the missing ambient light strips? I haven't heard about those yet.
More FOMO!!!

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Ambient lighting?
Or the trim lightning which was there in some of the renderings last year more like the missing motors

Also seems like its the silver piece which had the bar for the light to bleed from wonder if even a third party option can be available sometime in future :) by some vendor..

Reactions: Great White
What makes you say that?
I am thinking that Tesla has no incentive whatsoever at this point to help us with this since the tiny quantity of S and X affected is so small it would be a big money loser for them with no upside.
Their track record in terms of providing upgrades is not good when you consider all the drama around past older run product deficiencies.
Also they are overwhelmed with demand and production of newly sold cars and once you have accepted delivery they will only do so much to help you. My X accepted by me March 28, in service for all the issues present at delivery since April 29, and just rejected by me when service tried to return the car with subpar repairs and corrections, is a perfect example of why you should reject any Tesla at delivery that is not up to your standards of acceptability because service will tell you they can never make your car as good as it could have been if it had been built properly at the factory, which is exactly what I was just told.

Just did the manual screen tilt. Interestingly, the trim piece that is supposed to hide the internals when titled is missing on my December 2021 plaid. Contacted my service center about ordering one.
You mean the plastic cover?

Attachments

• 8D2B4EB0-1A9D-4509-B781-E8CB27EFCFD4.jpeg
    8D2B4EB0-1A9D-4509-B781-E8CB27EFCFD4.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: 127.0.0.0