Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 60 60.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…I will then…be happy :cool:
1651617148781.jpeg

As a long time Tesla owner I can unequiovcally state that Tesla doesn't give two craps about you after you have already bought your car and add a +1 to their quarterly sales figures. I cannot recall a single time that Tesla has retrofitted anything of that magnitude after delivery without the government making them do it.
Well there was 1 time when Tesla offered a no cost retrofit... the titanium battery shield in 2014. Other than that, most other upgrades cost $$ (which is fine) and several are intended to head off pending issues. The MCU2 upgrade in particular I think was a bit disingenuous, given pre-recall it provided an avenue for owners to fix the eMMC problem at a substantial cost.

My 3/2022 build has these 4 open connectors behind the screen (left one is hidden and its a 3-wire purple,green,black). Does anyone know what they are for? Perhaps they are for the missing ambient strip lights or perhaps for the screen tilt controller/motors?
connectors.jpg

Also, for those folks doing a manual tilt. Future adjustments will be easier if you remove the acme screw assembly (just unbolt the plate and unscrew it). You won't need to use a drill to adjust and only need to loosen the two bottom torx screws to move the screen. Those two screws can be reached from underneath without removing the screen.

I'm going to experiment with felt tape between the metal surfaces see if its possible to maintain enough friction for manual adjustment
gear.jpg

screws.jpg

Great tips as that is ideally what I would want is a screen I can manually pull and push to where I want it.

Instead of felt, perhaps some spring washers or delrin or nylon spacers that you can torque down slightly on but allow movement.

I am betting those connectors are for the missing motors.

Reactions: NarTaX
My 3/2022 build has these 4 open connectors behind the screen (left one is hidden and its a 3-wire purple,green,black). Does anyone know what they are for? Perhaps they are for the missing ambient strip lights or perhaps for the screen tilt controller/motors?
View attachment 801113

Also, for those folks doing a manual tilt. Future adjustments will be easier if you remove the acme screw assembly (just unbolt the plate and unscrew it). You won't need to use a drill to adjust and only need to loosen the two bottom torx screws to move the screen. Those two screws can be reached from underneath without removing the screen.

I'm going to experiment with felt tape between the metal surfaces see if its possible to maintain enough friction for manual adjustment
View attachment 801114

View attachment 801115

Hopefully someone who actually has it and reading this thread will eventually post a photo.