Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 60 60.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am watching the video now.. Not sure what happened haha thought share it here as well..

Basically nothing happened. Either there is a firmware check somewhere in the code or the reinstall of current software does not do a hardware check for the motors. Hence his thoughts about installing a screen with motors permanently and then letting a new update come in and see if that new update (not a reinstall) triggers the button to allow for the screen to move.

Consensus at the moment - not customer retrofittable. Might be from Tesla, because they could trigger something - to be determined.

Well I finally got my brand new Model X back from service after 2 months!!
And no love on a tilting screen. Original delivery March 28, so didn't miss this feature by far, but that makes it worse!
Loved the above video and swap attempt. The video explains a lot about how to get the screen out. And look at those motors. Those are big! And they make the whole thing look like some kind of mating ritual sculpture.
Now I have to decide if I just need to be patient and wait for Tesla to hook us up or if I start ripping into my dash and set the thing manually. I am pretty sure even if I had the tilting feature, I would just tilt it towards the drivers seat and leave it there.
Any news from other sources about this timely topic?

Well I finally got my brand new Model X back from service after 2 months!!
And no love on a tilting screen. Original delivery March 28, so didn't miss this feature by far, but that makes it worse!
Loved the above video and swap attempt. The video explains a lot about how to get the screen out. And look at those motors. Those are big! And they make the whole thing look like some kind of mating ritual sculpture.
Now I have to decide if I just need to be patient and wait for Tesla to hook us up or if I start ripping into my dash and set the thing manually. I am pretty sure even if I had the tilting feature, I would just tilt it towards the drivers seat and leave it there.
Any news from other sources about this timely topic?
If you have a mobile service tech come to your house for some other reason, show him the instructions and ask him if he'll do it for you. Then give him a good tip. That worked for me.

Thanks for that info!!!
What are some good "reasons" for a mobile tech to come to my home?
What range of "tip" do you think this will necesitate?
I'm not suggesting that you make up a reason. The reason one came to my house was to try to fix the problem with the light in the center console. Twice. Failed both times. I tipped him $100 for the screen tilt. Feeling generous that day.

IMO it is a useless option. Flat on the dash is just fine and tilted (manually) towards the driver and fixed in place makes it perfect. Great tip tbaud as the Ranger could easily do it. I would far rather have real ambient lighting than an electrically operated tilt screen. IMO.
If it were just me in the car I’d agree with you. I leave it swiveled toward me 100% of the time…in this one scenario. With a passenger in the car, though, it’s centered. Wifey doesn’t like it pointed at me.