Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it comes gradually in 2-3 seconds, as if you change it from the screen. Unfortunately, we cannot change this as it's just how the inverters are programmed.

Sorry for the inconvenience, there might be some issues with the new iPhone, and if so we will fix them asap. Please, send a screen recording and explanation of the problem to [email protected] and we will take it from there.
The Commander could be connected to additional phones but you have to manually press a physical button in the car due to security reasons. Just follow the screens in the app. You don't have to reset or remove it from your previous phone in order to do that. The Commander "remembers" up to 8 phones. If you lost your phone you can press "Forget Other Devices" in Commander settings which will force it to unpair all other phones (that's just in case someone finds your phone and wants to mess up with the Commander).
Customer service has been exceptional. Not only were they quick to reply, but stated that @dimitar.ns had spoken to them about it. The solution was almost as rapid.

My MY is running on 2022.28.2, just updated to 2.9.2 and had Auto High Beam OFF enabled. But when I engage AP, the high beam will flash once no matter if there are cars in front of me (two cars length or even closer). Any chance to eliminate the high beam flashes, people keep thinking I'm flashing them.
Also when I disable the Auto High Beam OFF and have AP engaged, somehow the high beam will come on even there is a car in front of me within one car length. The car has Auto High Beam ON, if I remember correctly, the high beam won't come on when I engage AP if there is any car in front of me (within the camera range) before updating to 2.9.2.
Anyone encounter the same problem?

Update :
Just removed the 2.9.2 beta and restored to 2.8.5 and I can confirm that the high beam will remain off when I activate AP if the camera system can see cars in front of me, even it's four cars length.

We noticed some issues after Tesla Update 2022.36.1 was released this week! Thanks to our wonderful team of engineers, we were able to identify the issues and submit a fix in less than 48 hours!

I'm happy to tell you that the following problems were successfully resolved in v2.9.9 Beta:
- Frunk and Charge Port could open unintended when opening the door if v3 logic is used in Commander settings
- Regen button not working as expected
- Issues with Regen displayed on the Dashboard

Note: these changes are not backward compatible, so don't update if you still don't have Tesla version 2022.36.1

Unfortunately I didn't read the release note for 2.9.9 before updating.
I'm still on Tesla v 2022.28.2...
Is it a dangerous combo? Should I disconnect the commander?
You could disable BETA toggle and go back to 2.8.5 in order to avoid issues with the door handles or Regen functionality.
We will introduce a new toggle in the Commander Settings with the next updates for people that don't have the newest versions or people that are postponing the update of their Tesla for whatever reasons but want to update to v2.8.5.

We noticed some issues after Tesla Update 2022.36.1 was released this week! Thanks to our wonderful team of engineers, we were able to identify the issues and submit a fix in less than 48 hours!

I'm happy to tell you that the following problems were successfully resolved in v2.9.9 Beta:
- Frunk and Charge Port could open unintended when opening the door if v3 logic is used in Commander settings
- Regen button not working as expected
- Issues with Regen displayed on the Dashboard

Note: these changes are not backward compatible, so don't update if you still don't have Tesla version 2022.36.1

You could disable BETA toggle and go back to 2.8.5 in order to avoid issues with the door handles or Regen functionality.
We will introduce a new toggle in the Commander Settings with the next updates for people that don't have the newest versions or people that are postponing the update of their Tesla for whatever reasons but want to update to v2.8.5.
thanks for the quick update. i had to remove my commander yesterday to keep the frunk from opening. Updated this morning!!

I asked in post 305 above what the compatability issue was with Austin builds. I got an clue when I went to the S3XY Buttons site and found out the OBD2 port was not located in the same place as the Freemont cars. That still didn't explain why the Austin cars aren't compatible. Is the OBD port different or hidden somehow?

I had hoped to have the buttons up and running with my yet to be delivered car, which is suppoed to be mid-winter, and had hoped we could control the level of regen when driving on icy Chicago roads.

I am currently looking into S3XY buttons. I was about to hit the buy button until I realize the function that I really needed is not there:

-lower or raise suspension on the refreshed S

Most of the button functions are nice to haves, and I think lowering/raising suspension is one of the most critical functions that should have a button for. I found myself fumbling too many times for suspension adjustments as I approach dips/bumps, especially when entering/exiting parking lots.

Is there any way we can get that function soon?

Last edited:
Yes, suspension lowering and raising as well as changing comfort to sport would cause me to pull the trigger for purchase. Ability to control regen would also be a motivator.

I think changing regen is supported in theory, but I'm not sure how well this works on the Palladium S/X. (I haven't tried it, but maybe I should. I find the regen on the Palladium X to be too strong, coming off a Classic dual-motor S.)

Bruce.

I think changing regen is supported in theory, but I'm not sure how well this works on the Palladium S/X. (I haven't tried it, but maybe I should. I find the regen on the Palladium X to be too strong, coming off a Classic dual-motor S.)

Bruce.

My preference is the more regen the better, I can't seem to get enough (unless I use track mode). All the more reason to have it adjustable / user preference.

The amount of regen in track mode is about perfect for me but I rarely engage because of the additional noise and energy consumption that track mode requires.

Reactions: bmah
My preference is the more regen the better, I can't seem to get enough (unless I use track mode). All the more reason to have it adjustable / user preference.

The amount of regen in track mode is about perfect for me but I rarely engage because of the additional noise and energy consumption that track mode requires.
If I could, I would set my car to max regen. And to get predicability, I would leave it there at all times. Let me deal w/ the feathering of the gas pedal myself to achieve the desired outcome.