Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are on FSD beta branch, what version of the firmware should we be using here?
Currently, FSD Beta branch is still behind the recent changes to the CAN in the Main Tesla branch. We are not sure when they are going to merge both but for now, for cars with Tesla version before 2022.36 you should select a toggle in Commander settings for this (FSD Beta owners should activate the toggle for now too). Unfortunately, we cannot support all Tesla versions, and at the same time maintain Commander and buttons updates. We decided to try with 2 active branches first, hope that helps most of the people.

I asked in post 305 above what the compatability issue was with Austin builds. I got an clue when I went to the S3XY Buttons site and found out the OBD2 port was not located in the same place as the Freemont cars. That still didn't explain why the Austin cars aren't compatible. Is the OBD port different or hidden somehow?

I had hoped to have the buttons up and running with my yet to be delivered car, which is suppoed to be mid-winter, and had hoped we could control the level of regen when driving on icy Chicago roads.
We have some owners that were missing the blue connector at the back of the Central Console with an Austin-built model Y. Currently, we don't have the harness for these, however, there are other Model Ys from Austin which had the connector and didn't require a new cable, so the best is to check if you have it when you receive the car. Otherwise, the buttons should work without issues because Tesla maintains the same Software versions.

I am currently looking into S3XY buttons. I was about to hit the buy button until I realize the function that I really needed is not there:

-lower or raise suspension on the refreshed S
Yes, suspension lowering and raising as well as changing comfort to sport would cause me to pull the trigger for purchase. Ability to control regen would also be a motivator.
Currently, we are not able to implement the suspension but we have it on the list and we are checking for any changes to this with each Tesla update. Hopefully, in the future, it will become available.

We released a new Beta update - 2.10.69 - called our Birthday update because we showed the buttons last year on the 1st of November.
Many new and long-awaited features are included so hopefully, you will like this release!
Since the changes are a lot if you find any issues send them to [email protected] in order to investigate and fix them for the official release.
Here is the change log:

🥳 BIRTHDAY UPDATE 🥳

- Double and Long press actions for the buttons
- Battery Preconditioning button and Dashboard indicator
- Autopilot Always ON button
- Fog Lights button (beta)
- PLAID button and PLAID Dashboard indicator
- Charge Port Security in Smart Actions
- Option to change the letter of a button in the app by long press the button on the Home Screen
- Fixed inconsistent data in Car Info screen
- Chinese language support
- Other bug fixes and improvements

Currently, FSD Beta branch is still behind the recent changes to the CAN in the Main Tesla branch. We are not sure when they are going to merge both but for now, for cars with Tesla version before 2022.36 you should select a toggle in Commander settings for this (FSD Beta owners should activate the toggle for now too). Unfortunately, we cannot support all Tesla versions, and at the same time maintain Commander and buttons updates. We decided to try with 2 active branches first, hope that helps most of the people.

We have some owners that were missing the blue connector at the back of the Central Console with an Austin-built model Y. Currently, we don't have the harness for these, however, there are other Model Ys from Austin which had the connector and didn't require a new cable, so the best is to check if you have it when you receive the car. Otherwise, the buttons should work without issues because Tesla maintains the same Software versions.

Currently, we are not able to implement the suspension but we have it on the list and we are checking for any changes to this with each Tesla update. Hopefully, in the future, it will become available.

We released a new Beta update - 2.10.69 - called our Birthday update because we showed the buttons last year on the 1st of November.
Many new and long-awaited features are included so hopefully, you will like this release!
Since the changes are a lot if you find any issues send them to [email protected] in order to investigate and fix them for the official release.
Here is the change log:

🥳 BIRTHDAY UPDATE 🥳

- Double and Long press actions for the buttons
- Battery Preconditioning button and Dashboard indicator
- Autopilot Always ON button
- Fog Lights button (beta)
- PLAID button and PLAID Dashboard indicator
- Charge Port Security in Smart Actions
- Option to change the letter of a button in the app by long press the button on the Home Screen
- Fixed inconsistent data in Car Info screen
- Chinese language support
- Other bug fixes and improvements
What is autopilot always on?

What is autopilot always on?
It’s a new feature requested by many of our users - Each press activates AP. It’s handy after a disengagement or when changing lanes with basic AP. Some people even want to make this as a Smart Action and we are checking the feasibility currently.

Attachments

• 03410295-A093-4FB4-862E-397BCB983708.png
    03410295-A093-4FB4-862E-397BCB983708.png
    325 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: sdevulder
It’s a new feature requested by many of our users - Each press activates AP. It’s handy after a disengagement or when changing lanes with basic AP. Some people even want to make this as a Smart Action and we are checking the feasibility currently.
I’ve been using the “AP hands-on” function to do this very thing. What would be the difference?

Reactions: BillN

On a related note: in the screenshot of the app, what do the red dots indicate?

Bruce.

Same here. I tried the new option and it didn’t work for me after changing lanes and when TACC was still active.
Please, send your versions and description of the issue to [email protected] in order to investigate. It should be working so there might be a problem with your setup which the guys there could help.

On a related note: in the screenshot of the app, what do the red dots indicate?
The red dots lead you to the new features in each release. This way it's easier to find the new functions.

Some of these functions are dumb. I mean, to activate the parking brake, you just push and hold the P button on the stalk. To open the trunk or frunk, you just touch the screen. What's the point? And I agree they are ugly.
Agree. All these functions are available via voice commands and I don't see a need for me. I looked into them as an easier way to report FSDb issues. Figured that sticking a button right behind the right hand of the steering wheel would be easier than reaching over and hitting a screen icon that is about a quarter inch by an eighth of an inch big. But the buttons don't interact with anything FSDb related

What is the schedule for an official release if so?
The official release will be made next week. Our birthday is on the 1st of November. Expect some other surprises at our website too ;)

@dimitar> have you tried to find if you could light up the foot lights in RWD TM3 ? as a smart action when opening doors and/or associated with a button ?
We could try something like this, please send your info to [email protected] if you want to be an alpha-tester.

The official release will be made next week. Our birthday is on the 1st of November. Expect some other surprises at our website too ;)

We could try something like this, please send your info to [email protected] if you want to be an alpha-tester.
My Tesla Model 3 just updated to 2022.36.5 and I have updated the S3XY button app to the most current version (2.10.69).

I just tried out the battery preconditioning function - while the conditioning icon showed up in the app itself, the car does not seem to do anything (I have put the car in drive). This is the opposite when I direct my destination to a supercharger and you can tell the car is pre-conditioning as it is making loud noises.

Am I doing this right?

What's the difference between autopilot en the new autopilot ON function? Looks like the first one could switch on/off and the second only on. 🤔So what is the benefit?
Yes, the new function is switching it only ON....a feature requested by many people having only Basic AP as it's useful when switching lanes. It basically behaves as Autopilot Hands-On without moving the speed up and down.

Am I doing this right?
I don't see issues in your process but have in mind that Battery Preconditioning is a BETA feature so might not work in all cars in the beginning. Please, send the info to the support team and they will handle your case.
Our tests showed that the Preconditioning is a wired feature and the car itself is doing it differently if navigating to a SC every time depending on a lot of variables like weather, ambient temperature, battery temp, car state etc. Sometimes pre-heating starts 10-15 minutes after the drive, sometimes immediately. The Preconditioning is working on our test car but there are some other Beta testers that have issues with it so the more information the Support team collects - the better to resolve the issues.

Reactions: DrGriz
I don't see issues in your process but have in mind that Battery Preconditioning is a BETA feature so might not work in all cars in the beginning. Please, send the info to the support team and they will handle your case.
Our tests showed that the Preconditioning is a wired feature and the car itself is doing it differently if navigating to a SC every time depending on a lot of variables like weather, ambient temperature, battery temp, car state etc. Sometimes pre-heating starts 10-15 minutes after the drive, sometimes immediately. The Preconditioning is working on our test car but there are some other Beta testers that have issues with it so the more information the Support team collects - the better to resolve the issues.
Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. Yup, I have sent also sent the question to the support team. I love to see this feature functioning well especially in winter as I can maximize battery temp in the shortest time frame possible. Keep up the good work!!

Reactions: dimitar.ns