Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help! I am trying to use SMT on my 2022 Model S LR using commander module from S3XY buttons. I followed these instructions:

1) connect to "S3XY_OBD" WIFI w/ password
2) from SMT choose settings-> wifi/Panda

When I load SMT it just loops:

Connecting...
Searching for CANservers...
Connecting to 192.168.4.1...
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat
REConnecting to 192.168.4.1...
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat

For whatever it's worth I noticed when I connect my phone to S3XY_OBD, the default IP (auto) is set to 192.168.4.2. I manually changed it to 192.168.4.1, but that didn't make any difference...

I am on:
iOS 16.1.1
SMT 2.3.5
S3XY Commander version 2.11.2

Just received my buttons and I was surprised how easy it was to install and setup. The only problem I had (because I'm 80) was the slight maneuvering in the back seat to connect everything. My body is not as bendable as it used to be but I did it.

Now for a question: What is Autopilot Hands-on?
It disables the need to keep you hands on the wheel, essentially it disables the blue screen but it doesn't work for the U.S.

Reactions: JimShaw and Ts91
how about calling it instead “Hands Off”.

Bummer it’s not for the US
It disables the need to keep you hands on the wheel, essentially it disables the blue screen but it doesn't work for the U.S.

Who said that it is not for the US? What it does is emulated moving one of the scroll wheels on the steering wheel to show the car that you are paying attention without having to touch the steering wheel. You can mount the button where ever you normally rest your hand and push it each time the blue "pay attention" alert comes on.

Keith

Does it look like Fremont Model Y started to use the Austin style connectors? There isn’t any extra space to put back the cover
unnamed (6).jpg

I have a 2022 Fremont MYP and there is no way I can fit the connector back in here. What to do?

View attachment 880701
I have a 2022 Fremont MYP and there is no way I can fit the connector back in here. What to do?
The cable is the correct one and it fits but is a little bit tight. You will have to bend the cable in order to plug it into the other Blue connector and then you will have to press it a little in order to be able to close the plastic cover. Just apply some more pressure and it will close. The cable is strong so don't worry, this is how we do it on Model Y.
Here is a video that shows Model Y installation:

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and CyberGus
Help! I am trying to use SMT on my 2022 Model S LR using commander module from S3XY buttons. I followed these instructions:

1) connect to "S3XY_OBD" WIFI w/ password
2) from SMT choose settings-> wifi/Panda

When I load SMT it just loops:

Connecting...
Searching for CANservers...
Connecting to 192.168.4.1...
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat
REConnecting to 192.168.4.1...
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat
CANServer Heartbeat

For whatever it's worth I noticed when I connect my phone to S3XY_OBD, the default IP (auto) is set to 192.168.4.2. I manually changed it to 192.168.4.1, but that didn't make any difference...

I am on:
iOS 16.1.1
SMT 2.3.5
S3XY Commander version 2.11.2
If I understood correctly you change the IP of the phone from the Settings. This is not needed and in fact it will break the communication. Please, use the Auto IP on your phone.
The mentioned IP on our website is needed for CanDash as far as I can remember.

If there is still no connection these steps will help:
1. If you have VPN on the phone - stop it
2. Check if connection to S3XY_OBD wifi is stable (stays connected for at least 10secs)
3. Make sure only 1 phone is connected to this wifi (you can change ssid and pass if not sure)
4. Make a fresh start of ScanMyTesla app and wait few seconds for the connection
5. If still can’t connect restart your phone and unplug the Commander for 5secs and retry
6. If still no connection send an email to [email protected]

Reactions: paulchou
Who said that it is not for the US? What it does is emulated moving one of the scroll wheels on the steering wheel to show the car that you are paying attention without having to touch the steering wheel. You can mount the button where ever you normally rest your hand and push it each time the blue "pay attention" alert comes on.

Keith
Did you read the description in the menu?

"This feature might not work outside the USA" AND I've actually tried it.

What's the point of pushing a button when you can scroll the volume wheel up then down?

• Disagree
Reactions: CyberGus
Please explain the function of the HVAC recirculation toggle.

When using the touchscreen there are three modes * recirculate (dark blue) * auto-recirc (greyed out or light blue) * recirc off (greyed out with darker border).

Does the toggle rotate through the 3 modes? If so, is there any visual indication of which mode is selected?

What's the point of pushing a button when you can scroll the volume wheel up then down?
AP Hands-on works only in the US. It's easier to push the button placed next to the armrest if you like one-hand driving. Left hand holding the wheel, right hand on the arm-rest pressing the button so no need to move your hand but only your finger ;)

Please explain the function of the HVAC recirculation toggle.

When using the touchscreen there are three modes * recirculate (dark blue) * auto-recirc (greyed out or light blue) * recirc off (greyed out with darker border).

Does the toggle rotate through the 3 modes? If so, is there any visual indication of which mode is selected?
You can see the Recirculation current state in the Tesla Climate screen if the Climate is set to Auto. You can toggle between On and Off. We will add state notification in the S3XY Dashboard with the next version too so you could also watch the state in our app.

Does anyone know if the commander has access to the current speed limit?

It would be nice to have a smart action to lower the current speed when the speed limit changes. Basically like tapping the speed limit button on the screen to lower the speed.

AP Hands-on works only in the US. It's easier to push the button placed next to the armrest if you like one-hand driving. Left hand holding the wheel, right hand on the arm-rest pressing the button so no need to move your hand but only your finger ;)
Oh shoot my mistake I misread it. I thought it side might not work in US. I thought it having it activated means it by passes the need to move the steering wheel without having to push the button every time.

You can see the Recirculation current state in the Tesla Climate screen if the Climate is set to Auto. You can toggle between On and Off. We will add state notification in the S3XY Dashboard with the next version too so you could also watch the state in our app.
This will be nice. Thank you.

Is it possible to cause the light in the button to illuminate when recirc is “on”, so the state can be confirmed without having to go into the HVAC screen?

I also have a suggestion: when activating HVAC “auto” mode, the car by default puts the front seat heaters also into “auto” (recirc too). Can a S3XY button be configured to toggle HVAC to “auto” and immediately pull the seat heaters (and Recirc) out of their “auto” mode?

Reactions: Transformer
View attachment 880701

The passenger side of the cable is attached to the structure of the center console, but it can be detached from the center console giving you much more flexibility in fitting the wires under the cover.

Later,

Keith

Ummm, yes I read it... "This feature might not work OUTSIDE the USA" :D

I hadn't read your response above where you figured it out when I first replied to this... hope I didn't come off to harsh, that wasn't my intention... should have added the smiley earlier? But when you quote the text and still had it wrong I had to put in the emphesis.

Many of the features available from the S3XY button lineup mimic actions taken with the scroll wheels (volume up / down, next track / previous track etc). If you don't see the point, then don't use it.

Keith

Ummm, yes I read it... "This feature might not work OUTSIDE the USA"

What part of that sentence makes you think that it will not work inside the USA? I tried it and it worked fine for me but I mainly used it as an "AP on" button before they gave us an actual AP on button to use instead.

Many of the features available from the S3XY button lineup mimic actions taken with the scroll wheels (volume up / down, next track / previous track etc). If you don't see the point, then don't use it.

Keith
Did you not read the FOLLOW UP???

Did you not read the FOLLOW UP???

Did you read my edit? (smiley face removed due to reconsideration of trying to mollify you)

In your original reply to me, you disagreed with me and asked if I had read the description in the menu, basically implying that I was unable to read and comprehend the description. I thought my original response was fairly restrained, but after your thumbs down I figured I had hurt your feelings and edited it to be softer.

If the edited response is still to harsh for you, report me to a moderator.

Keith