Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Door handle actions "broken" by update 2022.44.2. I can no longer open the Frunk or charging door.

Keith

Door handle actions "broken" by update 2022.44.2. I can no longer open the Frunk or charging door.

Keith
Same here, Model Y, no handle funktions work. Also, i also have a button that I use to open the charging port, it also doesnt work. But button for frunk does.

However i can't 100% confirm that all these did work on my model y before because i did just switch from M3 (2021) to MY (2022) just before 2022.44 came out.

Same here, Model Y, no handle funktions work. Also, i also have a button that I use to open the charging port, it also doesnt work. But button for frunk does.

However i can't 100% confirm that all these did work on my model y before because i did just switch from M3 (2021) to MY (2022) just before 2022.44 came out.
I got an email from Enauto last week about 2022.44 breaking the handle smart anction and they would have a fix in a couple of days. I have since updated the Commander to the latest firmware version and the handle smart action still works.

Not using the handle functionality here but I noticed a couple weird things on an older commander firmware with 2022.44

- Auto high beam off related - it seemed to keep setting this over and over when TACC was engaged - I haven't turned this on again since updating everything since 2022.44 is working better than in the past with auto high beams.

- Not sure if this is buttons related but one time after i started driving the horn honked like 4 times in some weird pattern on its own. I hit the horn manually and it seemed to stop. Once this happened I immediately pulled over and turned off all commander auto interactions and updated the commander firmware to latest (I was one behind). Hasn't happened since, but was VERY weird.

Does anyone know if the commander has access to the current speed limit?It would be nice to have a smart action to lower the current speed when the speed limit changes. Basically like tapping the speed limit button on the screen to lower the speed.
We can control the speed limit but not dynamically while driving so this will not work for your use case.

This will be nice. Thank you.

Is it possible to cause the light in the button to illuminate when recirc is “on”, so the state can be confirmed without having to go into the HVAC screen?

I also have a suggestion: when activating HVAC “auto” mode, the car by default puts the front seat heaters also into “auto” (recirc too). Can a S3XY button be configured to toggle HVAC to “auto” and immediately pull the seat heaters (and Recirc) out of their “auto” mode?
We will add an option for the light in the future.
Not all cars are doing this when switching to Auto. We are still evaluating but it’s a possibility for a Smart Action, I agree.

Keith
Please, update to Beta v2.11.6. The fix will be released officially in 1-2 days.

Can you create a feature that allows "Thumbs Down" for the premium connectivity player? A lot of the songs I dislike and would like to push a button instead of reaching for the screen everythime.
Unfortunately no. We cannot control the apps running on the MCU.

Not using the handle functionality here but I noticed a couple weird things on an older commander firmware with 2022.44

- Auto high beam off related - it seemed to keep setting this over and over when TACC was engaged - I haven't turned this on again since updating everything since 2022.44 is working better than in the past with auto high beams.

- Not sure if this is buttons related but one time after i started driving the horn honked like 4 times in some weird pattern on its own. I hit the horn manually and it seemed to stop. Once this happened I immediately pulled over and turned off all commander auto interactions and updated the commander firmware to latest (I was one behind). Hasn't happened since, but was VERY weird.
AutoHigh Off is fixed in the latest versions. We had some issues with this before.
Honk issue with some specific cars and Commander versions is also fixed in the latest version.

Sorry was wrong about button and chargeport, that does work :)
But handle does not, anf now i saw the email aswell. So probably a fix on the way
Handles are fixed in v2.11.6 😉

Does anyone have experience going in for Tesla service with dongle and buttons visible? Did they care that you have it installed?
I went to Tesla SC for a brake job a couple of months ago. I didn't remove the Commander dongle. I doubt they saw it, since they didn't work on the interior of the car, but I don't think I would bother removing it for SC visits. I would be interested to hear what they have to say about it if it could be an issue. I also have some aftermarket Tesla logo puddle lights installed on all 4 doors, which they didn't mention anything on. They did tell me I should not use aftermarket metal caps for the tire valve stems because they could seize up, and replaced them with plastic ones for me.

I went to Tesla SC for a brake job a couple of months ago. I didn't remove the Commander dongle. I doubt they saw it, since they didn't work on the interior of the car, but I don't think I would bother removing it for SC visits. I would be interested to hear what they have to say about it if it could be an issue. I also have some aftermarket Tesla logo puddle lights installed on all 4 doors, which they didn't mention anything on. They did tell me I should not use aftermarket metal caps for the tire valve stems because they could seize up, and replaced them with plastic ones for me.
What do you (or they) mean by "seize up"? Become difficult to get off? If that is what they mean, did they state why it might do that? Perhaps due to temp change and expanding or condensing of the cap?

What do you (or they) mean by "seize up"? Become difficult to get off? If that is what they mean, did they state why it might do that? Perhaps due to temp change and expanding or condensing of the cap?
The valve stem is metal, so if the cap is also metal, it could corrode and bind to the stem and become almost impossible to remove. This does make sense so I no longer use those aftermarket metal caps.

Now back to our main story :D

Dimitar.ns is there any plans to change the main screen with display options? When I am pre-conditioning the battery I would like to know several of the battery temperature parameters so I can judge when it is pre-conditioned enough :)

Later,

Keith

Dimitar.ns is there any plans to change the main screen with display options? When I am pre-conditioning the battery I would like to know several of the battery temperature parameters so I can judge when it is pre-conditioned enough :)

Later,

Keith

There are some options on the full-screen display, have you looked at those? Go to the landscape mode display, then tap on "Settings", scroll down to "Stats for Nerds".

I was idly speculating that on the Palladium S/X, it'd be great to have something on that display that gives us the information that used to be on the left and right sides of the IC (which got dumbed down / removed on the Palladium cars). I've been missing the huge analog speedometer and power meter we used to have on the Model S for over 7 years now.

Bruce.

Reactions: SDRick
That's insane. I have all metal caps on my F450 dually. This is a truck rated to tow over 30k lbs and carry almost 10k lbs in the rear. It's got 19.5" commercial wheels and tires with 95-110 psi pressures. If ever there was a critical application for having the right wheel components, then this is one of those situations. I've NEVER had a metal cap seize on this truck or any other alloy wheel with metal caps.

Later,

Keith
I attempted to pre-condition the battery when going to a CCS charger. It said that the preconditioning was taking place, but when I looked at the energy consumption in the onscreen new energy app, my energy use for preconditioning remained at zero. I didn't know of any other way to jumpstart the preconditioning while driving.

This will be nice. Thank you.

Is it possible to cause the light in the button to illuminate when recirc is “on”, so the state can be confirmed without having to go into the HVAC screen?

I also have a suggestion: when activating HVAC “auto” mode, the car by default puts the front seat heaters also into “auto” (recirc too). Can a S3XY button be configured to toggle HVAC to “auto” and immediately pull the seat heaters (and Recirc) out of their “auto” mode?
We will add an option for the light in the future.
Not all cars are doing this when switching to Auto. We are still evaluating but it’s a possibility for a Smart Action, I agree.
Seems Tesla changed the behavior (for the better!) of the “auto” button in the HVAC display. 2022.44.2 now pressing “auto” doesn’t force the heated seats into “auto”.

But, if you can make the S3XY button’s LED illuminate when “recirc” is active that would be an excellent enhancement.

Thanks for the excellent support!

Dimitar.ns new product idea for you!

Many with the OEM tesla Yoke wheel do not like that it doesn't have a horn in the center... this can be corrected by using a S3XY button mounted on the airbag cover... could you make a button that didn't look so goofy mounted to the center of the airbag? Something with the same functionality, but that didn't stick out when mounted to the airbag cover. Perhaps even a replacement cover for the airbag with a S3XY button integrated into it?

I don't have a dog in this fight with my MYP, just thought it would be a cool idea.

Keith

Reactions: SDRick