Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have some issues with this feature which will be resolved next month hopefully. It will work a different than the description on our website and will be used mainly to help for changing lanes.

We will extend app functionality later this year with soft In-dash buttons, widgets etc.
Thanks for the update @dimitar.ns - I was coming here to mention how the Autopilot hands on was not working right on my Model S Plaid, but see it's a known issue and is being worked on.

A different issue I had was unlocking my car. I can LOCK it with the buttons, but Toggle / Unlock never seems to work. I am sitting in the car, my phone is in my pocket and the car sees it... and I have tried in park and in drive — I can never get the buttons to unlock the car. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
—Geoff

@dimitar.ns I've got a suggestion for the S3XY Dashboard app that maybe you guys can consider. I typically have my phone mounted in front of me with the S3XY Dashboard open while I'm driving. Usually I would close the S3XY Dashboard and remove the phone from the mount before I get out of the car, but several times I've forgotten and left the phone on the mount and got out of the car. Luckily so far I've always realized that my phone was left behind before long. I was thinking maybe you can implement some sort of a warning on the S3XY Dashboard when the car is shifted into Park. Something that would bring some attention to the Dashboard as someone shift into Park and get ready to get out of the car. Perhaps use the same animation as your "Franks Mode" turn signals to flash both left and right and change the color to red or yellow or something. I think that way it would decrease the chances of someone (me) forgetting to remove the phone from the mount before leaving the car. It could be an optional thing so only people who want that warning would turn it on.

Anyway, just an idea that popped into my head as I remembered that I left my phone on the mount today after walking into a building, LOL! I don't know if it's a good idea or not but thought I'd post it here.

Hey dimitar.ns,

I have an android based touch screen from Hansshow, but when I go to the play store to download the S3XY app, it says that it is not available for my device... I thought it would work on any android based system... any chance of a future update that would work on the android based Hansshow screens? I would love to have my S3XY display right there in front of me.

Keith

not sure if this is the right place for this... but I cannot get the cabling (splitter and wire harness) to fit behind the plastic cover in my '21 MYLR. Watched the video a hundred times where (apparently on the 3) there's a convenient hole to shove it in to make it fit. anyone else come up with a solution here? otherwise.. it's working great!

not sure if this is the right place for this... but I cannot get the cabling (splitter and wire harness) to fit behind the plastic cover in my '21 MYLR. Watched the video a hundred times where (apparently on the 3) there's a convenient hole to shove it in to make it fit. anyone else come up with a solution here? otherwise.. it's working great!
There is barely any space behind the plastic cover for the harness in my '21 MYP as well (the hole found in the M3 is missing). I folded up the harness wiring as best as I can and brute force closed up the cover. I've had no issues since installation (close to one year ago), but it would have been nice to have more room to work with for sure.

Reactions: patsfan02360
There is barely any space behind the plastic cover for the harness in my '21 MYP as well (the hole found in the M3 is missing). I folded up the harness wiring as best as I can and brute force closed up the cover. I've had no issues since installation (close to one year ago), but it would have been nice to have more room to work with for sure.
+1

Reactions: patsfan02360
I thought of another simple smart action that may or may not have been brought up.
It would be nice if we could have the charge port open automatically when we are at a home location. If battery is under x percent automatically open charge port when driver door opens

Last edited:
Reactions: dimitar.ns
New to this and not sure if it’s been mentioned before. On my M3, I was able to fit the module behind the cover above the one you remove for the connector. It’s completely out of sight that way.

For my wish list for new features, I’d love to be able to move the passenger seat!

Last edited:
Hi @dimitar.ns,

In the recent IOS app update, I saw new options are added for regen braking. Do you know what is the differences between below two options(set to 0% vs 0%)?

Attachments

• WechatIMG51.jpeg
    WechatIMG51.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 102
  • WechatIMG50.jpeg
    WechatIMG50.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 44
Hey dimitar.ns,

One of the things I do while driving in traffic on AP is I adjust follow distance. Since AP does not anticipate traffic worth a crap, if I see traffic ahead has slowed down, or stopped I quickly adjust follow distance to maximum so that it will not drive right up to the stopped traffic and slam on the brakes at the last moment... then when traffic starts moving again I quickly adjust follow distance to minimum so it doesn't leave a huge gap. I would love a set of "follow distance max" and "follow distance minimum" buttons... heII, I would even order two new buttons to use this feature if it were ever offered :)

Keith

Hi, I’m new to this. Just installed the commander and buttons yesterday. The app promts me for the update 3.1.4. It’s downloading The file but I recieve error «device disconnected. Before Continuing The update process connect your device and try again». I’m using iPhone with IOS 16.3
Tried like 10 times, but with same result. Tips?

It would be nice if we could have the charge port open automatically when we are at a home location. If battery is under x percent automatically open charge port when driver door opens
Will add this to the list. Someone wanted to open the Frunk/Trunk too because they usually store the cable there.

Do you know what is the differences between below two options(set to 0% vs 0%)?
The "Set" functions doesn't toggle the value. If you press them a second time they will not switch back to the car's setting (unlike the first ones in the list). I admit this UI needs some redesign :) We will improve it later this year.

I would love a set of "follow distance max" and "follow distance minimum" buttons
Added to the list already but for now, we will be able to do it only for 3 and Y.

Hi, I’m new to this. Just installed the commander and buttons yesterday. The app promts me for the update 3.1.4. It’s downloading The file but I recieve error «device disconnected. Before Continuing The update process connect your device and try again». I’m using iPhone with IOS 16.3
Tried like 10 times, but with same result. Tips?
The best would be to write an email to [email protected]. You could try to restart your phone and Commander, disable ScanMyTesla support, and make sure there are not many Bluetooth devices around you. Sometimes the Software Update using BLE and transferring a lot of encrypted data is not stable. We will add an alternative method for the update in the future.

Will add this to the list. Someone wanted to open the Frunk/Trunk too because they usually store the cable there.

The "Set" functions doesn't toggle the value. If you press them a second time they will not switch back to the car's setting (unlike the first ones in the list). I admit this UI needs some redesign :) We will improve it later this year.

Added to the list already but for now, we will be able to do it only for 3 and Y.

The best would be to write an email to [email protected]. You could try to restart your phone and Commander, disable ScanMyTesla support, and make sure there are not many Bluetooth devices around you. Sometimes the Software Update using BLE and transferring a lot of encrypted data is not stable. We will add an alternative method for the update in the future.
Thanks! Will try that.

Thanks for the update @dimitar.ns - I was coming here to mention how the Autopilot hands on was not working right on my Model S Plaid, but see it's a known issue and is being worked on.

A different issue I had was unlocking my car. I can LOCK it with the buttons, but Toggle / Unlock never seems to work. I am sitting in the car, my phone is in my pocket and the car sees it... and I have tried in park and in drive — I can never get the buttons to unlock the car. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
—Geoff
What issue did you have with Autopilot Hands On? I'd like to get S3XY buttons for this specifically. Just wondering what was happening when you tried to use it. Thanks!

Does anyone know if these buttons can control the following feature, or there are plans to add it.

"Set car to tow mode"

I tow quite frequently, so if i could place a button in the boot of the car somewhere, and when i connect a trailer, i just hit that button and the car is in trailer mode.

Why the car apparantly does not set tow mode itself is beyond me, the last 2 cars i had, had a switch inside of the trailer power connector, that signaled that a trailer was attached, and disconnected some of the safety features (Lane assist for example)

Does anyone know if these buttons can control the following feature, or there are plans to add it.

"Set car to tow mode"

I tow quite frequently, so if i could place a button in the boot of the car somewhere, and when i connect a trailer, i just hit that button and the car is in trailer mode.

Why the car apparantly does not set tow mode itself is beyond me, the last 2 cars i had, had a switch inside of the trailer power connector, that signaled that a trailer was attached, and disconnected some of the safety features (Lane assist for example)

I am pretty sure that the Tesla is supposed to recognize when you connect the trailer wire harness and put the car into trailer mode... if that isn't working on your car set up a service appointment.

Keith